The Parma Area Chamber of Commerce, encompassing Parma, Parma Heights and Seven Hills is one of Northeast Ohio's largest chambers of commerce and is in search of its next Executive Director.
PACC’s Mission: To promote economic development & protect the business interests in the Parma Area.
The PACC Executive Director is the core position to the success of the organization.
Salary: $35,000.00 - $45,000.00 per year
Approximately 32-35 hours/week
She/he will provide guidance to the PACC Board of Directors and the members consistent with the mission statement and strategy of the PACC. The Executive Director will advise PACC Board of Directors on standard PACC operations and best practices. The primary goal of the Executive Director is to create a healthy, growing chamber that consistently delivers value to their members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support members, building relationships and helping to provide a valuable member experience
• Identify strategies to promote membership growth and retention; proactively seeking solutions to boost member experience
• Act as the main point of contact for all chamber members and board, working with them to resolve all questions and concerns
• Provide clear and concise communication regarding the direction and requirements of the PACC to its members
• Administer and advocate needs of the chamber members, plan and organize public policy activities and act as liaison to elected officials & government organizations on behalf of the PACC and Board of Directors.
• Promote PACC community initiatives and serve as direct liaison to local community organizations
• Aid in chamber strategic planning and execution during annual planning meetings, monthly board meetings, and other scheduled chamber events
• Ensure proper representation of the PACC Brand to other local chambers; develop and maintain collaborative relationships, such as the Chamber Collaborative
• Plan and execute various events including annual Parma Rib ‘n Rock, business grand-openings, Luncheon Meetings and Chamber Awards Gala, PACC golf outing, B2B Summit and other ongoing events.
• Assists the chamber Board Chair with priority ideation, support and execution.
• Serve as main point of contact on staff for Board Chair and Executive Committee
• Recruit/hire/train/manage interns or other PACC staff who also support the Chamber
• Help solve a variety of issues throughout the year with the main goal in mind of putting the chamber in the best possible position to succeed
• Keep Board of Directors and Committee chairs informed on upcoming items as well as the chambers’ status towards achieving overall goals
• Develop Chamber’s annual operating budget and work with the Executive Committee and Bookkeeper to ensure adherence.
• Manage social media and website
• Promoting and communicating the All-Member Survey. Messaging results after it has closed.
• Promoting and preparing for the annual Strategic Planning meeting and assisting board in planning as needed.
• Answer questions and assist members to make their membership experience stronger
• Perform other duties as requested by the PACC Board of Directors
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Essential Duty and Responsibility (the “Essential Duties”) satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the Essential Duties.
Education and/or Experience:
• > 5+ years professional experience, in lieu of Bachelor’s degree
• > Familiar with MS Office, Google Suite and Adobe
• > Able to manage multiple assignments, meet deadlines, and work well in a team environment
• > Bachelor’s Degree
• > 3-5 years direct membership/chamber relations experience
• > Non-profit/association experience
• > Account management skills
• > Demonstrated written and oral communication skills – must be able to speak publicly in front of small and large groups.
• > Demonstrated ability to adapt to change quickly and work in a fast-paced environment.
• > Ability to travel approximately 5%
Interested candidates, apply here!
Parma Area Chamber of Commerce
Why Work Here?
The Parma Area Chamber of Commerce is one of Northeast Ohio's largest chambers of commerce and is in search of its new Executive Director!