Parkway Products, LLC Machesney Park, IL
- Posted: over a month ago
Summary: Direct and manage the day-to-day production activities using single shift team through communicating vision and direction from management team to ensure efficiency and quality in the assembly of manufactured goods. This requires the ability to share his/her leadership skills and knowledge to team members for activities such as manufacturing, processing, operating, packing and unloading, and safety.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: In addition to the below, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Instruct and guide team on safe workspaces, practices as well as the proper use of personal protective equipment, safety equipment, and emergency procedures should they be necessary at any point during the production process, as well as monitoring activities of workers during production. If incidents occur compromising safety or security, the team leader reports them.
- Exhibit the ability to be a leadership resource to team members providing knowledge, experience, motivation, support, and advice to uphold the expectations of manufacturing related tasks.
- Responsible for knowing proper procedures for workers to follow and ensure that they comply.
- Share special industry techniques on how to use tools and equipment, or tips on how to improve quality or speed of production.
- Encourage team effort and supportive attitudes between workers.
- Responsible for meeting quality assurance standards as set by internal QMS, industry programs, such as ISO/AS9100.
- Responsible for setting high standards to reach production goals, ensuring that higher quantities produced do not compromise quality. If defective practices are discovered the team leader will work with others in management to come up with solutions.
- Complete all administrative duties as required to include scheduling and attendance, training efforts, and performance reviews.
- Must be able to perform all duties of an operator, material handler, and utility as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Proficient in oral and written communications to include active listening.
- Exceptional organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- Confident, respectful, and fair.
- Ability to delegate to improve workplace functions and production.
- Ability to facilitate to help team members understand goals, organize actions, and achieve goals.
- Ability to use strong negotiation skills to streamline decision-making processes and resolve workplace conflicts.
- Ability to get along with coworkers and foster a team environment.
- Positive, proactive behavior in the execution of all job duties.
- Advanced knowledge of CNC Mill and/or Lathe manufacturing setup and production, and basic molding practices is a plus.
- Advanced competence in machining inspection techniques, CMM knowledge is a plus.
- 2 year minimum of manufacturing support experience
- High School Diploma or G.E.D preferred
- English language proficiency, to include verbal and written communication.
- Ability to pass all pre-employment screenings
- Basic Math comprehension
- Must be able to perform moderate to heavy physical demand involving lifting and moving of materials and equipment to include standing for extended periods of time and dexterity.
- Ability to use two and four-wheeled hand trucks, and pallet jacks.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screenings.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Long Term & Short Term Disability, Critical Care and Accident Coverage, Pet Insurance, Wellness Program, Vacation, Sick Time, 401K with Match,9 paid holiday's and work/life balance...plus much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
2nd Shift: 3:00pm - 11:30pm
Parkway Products, LLC
AddressMachesney Park, IL
RetailView all jobs at Parkway Products, LLC