Parksite is looking for a Customer Service Representative to join our Fargo, ND team!!!
Essential Functions of Position
- Actively participate in the customer service program:
- Provide quotes and enter orders in support of various exterior door customers.
- Includes making sure claims and complaints are handled promptly and fairly.
- Includes proper handling of the Parksite returns process.
- Assure accuracy of information for order and credit entry.
- Must also have the ability to consistently and accurately quote complex door systems (size, options, finish, etc.)
- Become a “product specialist” in the exterior door category and provide support to customers using this knowledge:
- Develop a working understanding of the Therma-Tru exterior door line and other assigned product lines.
- Develop a working understanding of our door fabrication and pre-finish processes.
- Understand the various code requirements in the local market and what is required to fabricate a door to meet those requirements.
- Call assigned accounts to solicit sales and prospect for new accounts:
- Must be able to identify sales opportunities within assigned territory.
- Occasionally attend off-premises business-related functions such as company product shows, dealer/contractor meetings, association events, training sessions, mill tours, etc.
- Periodically make face-to-face calls on accounts to maintain and improve the business relationship, solicit market information, settle complaints or determine sales potential.
- Maintain a high level of cooperation and friendliness toward customers, vendors and co-workers:
- Assure that work behavior is consistent with established policies and procedures.
- Maintain a neat and clean personal appearance consistent with established dress code
- Perform other business-related duties as required.
- Act in a professional manner as a representative of Parksite both when conducting business in-person as well as over the phone or in e-mails.
Education / Experience
- Education & Experience:
- Two or more years of college-level course work in Business Administration or related area preferred.
- 2-5 years of recent building materials related knowledge.
- Previous experience working within the exterior door sales industry preferred.
- Progressive related sales experience, which includes the following skills and abilities:
- Comfort level with public speaking and the ability to perform polished presentations.
- Present ideas effectively: orally and written.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with others.
- Specialized Knowledge:
- Considerable knowledge of the exterior door fabrication industry
- Considerable knowledge of current office practices and procedures
- Skills & Abilities:
- Comfortable with public speaking and presentation giving
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office Suite
- Capable of learning Parksite order entry software
- 401(k) Program
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Daily dress code of "business casual"
- Health, Dental and Flexible Spending Insurance Plans
- A positive work environment with all team players
- A stake in your company with our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
Parksite is a sales, marketing, and distribution company serving many segments of the building industry, with a focus on both interior and exterior products. We are proud to supply the best Fabricators and Building Material dealers with category leading products for the residential, commercial, and remodeling markets. Focusing on superior products and exceptional service, Parksite’s unique marketplace niche is through education. We begin by identifying products with distinctive applications and specifically educate and emphasize the value of these products directly to architects, builders and designers. With this approach, we have become a leader in the industry with each of the products we sell. We combine marketing expertise and industry knowledge to create demand for our supplier business partners. We help build brands