Procurement Category Buyer
Parksite Inc Fargo, ND
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position: This position coordinates activities involved with replenishment of goods, such as inventory, parts, and reviews requisitions. The Procurement Category Buyer / Planner, collaborates with all component suppliers as it relates to our transactional relationship, and to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, delivery schedule, product technical information, and new product meetings. This position determines method of procurement, professional collaboration with sales & marketing, Parksite door factory associates, and key channel partner(s) on revenue and product fulfillment, inc and quality issues. The Procurement Category Buyer / Planner is the transactional brand manager, and will be key in determining what the stocking position will be for all components based on collaborative channel partner feedback, internal company recommendations, market feedback, and maintaining stock keeping units, that support Parksite’s objectives while understanding our internal fiscal responsibility.
- Manages timely product review cycles and prepares purchase orders
- Develops and executes strategies to achieve desired performance goals and key metrics such inventory turns, order fill rates and regular reorder buying practices
- Reviews proposals with sales managers and negotiates with budgetary limitations and scope of the authority
- Contributes and involved with key supplier meetings with Parksite
- Maintains computerized procurement records, such as item maintenance and services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories
- Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection, along with logistics personnel, production, suppliers, and others to determine source of trouble
- Track and report large inventory buys, overall inventory turnover
- Track & implement supplier cost adjustments and input into Pronto system with IT assistance
- Assists team in cleaning up data and layout consistency within ERP system
- Contributes to project management skills to manage, facilitate, coordinate tasks, projects and programs with our manufacturing team and channel partner
- Support development and documentation of processes and controls
- Support electronic exchange of data with our suppliers and other facilities
- Support any corporate-wide cost reduction program
- Analyzes data to ensure data integrity; and analyzes data for changes and developing trends
- Prepare periodic reports for Director of Purchasing from the collected data based on personal knowledge and experience without direction or prior review
- Provide support to develop and update supplier scorecard
- Support pricing and supplier consolidation decisions, relating to small component parts
- Support business planning development including re-forecasts with numbers supported by the business system
- Prepare return of materials to manufacturer, when necessary
- Respond to various departments within the organization who may need information regarding suppliers, products, deliveries, etc
- Discuss with Sales Managers about new and existing products for demand based ordering, and forecasting changes
- Actively follows-up and tracks purchase orders, communicating changes and status to requestors, while managing vendor performance including delivery dates in the ERP system, and other contract provisions
- Other duties that may arise in the normal course of business
- A minimum of 3 years procurement/supply chain background in distribution and/or manufacturing environment
- Building material industry knowledge and/or knowledge of industry suppliers and products. Experience specifically with door manufacturing and assembly preferred
- Bachelors degree in business or Supply Chain Professional preferred
- 3+ years’ experience working with ERP systems
Skills & Competencies:
- Possess analytical skills in forecasting, supply chain along with strong problem-solving skills
- Computer skills including Windows, Excel, Word
- Must have excellent organization and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, and professionally interact with all levels of the organization
- Strong computer utilization skills for the preparation and presentation of reports and the management of data pertinent to the sourcing function, including Microsoft Office program
- Office environment, Business casual dress
- Travel expected approximately 10%
Focusing on superior products and exceptional service, Parksite unique marketplace niche is through education. We begin by identifying products with distinctive applications and specifically educate and emphasize the value of these products directly to architects, builders and designers. With this approach, we have become a leader in the industry with each of the products we sell. We combine marketing expertise and industry knowledge to create demand for our supplier business partners. We help build brands.
Parksite IncWhy Work Here?
100% Employee Owned!
Parksite is a sales, marketing, and distribution company serving many segments of the building industry, with a focus on both interior and exterior products. We are proud to supply the best Fabricators and Building Material dealers with category leading products for the residential, commercial, and remodeling markets. Focusing on superior products and exceptional service, Parksite unique marketplace niche is through education. We begin by identifying products with distinctive applications and specifically educate and emphasize the value of these products directly to architects, builders and designers. With this approach, we have become a leader in the industry with each of the products we sell. We combine marketing expertise and industry knowledge to create demand for our supplier business partners. We help build brands.