Systems Engineer III
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
ParkerBeth Search Partners is seeking a Systems Engineer III for one of our key clients. This is a FULL-TIME/ON-SITE opportunity with a competitive salary and benefits plan. There is an opportunity for HYBRID after the 1st 90 days of employment.
The work location can be either Hartford, CT or Charlotte, NC
Position offers ANNUAL Bonus
About the Company:
One of the leading online lending companies with a reputation for being an employer of choice and putting the needs and values of their employees and customers ahead of profits. This company is set to break all previous profit records and is looking to expand its technology team in order to scale its technologies to meet its business demands.
The Systems Engineer III works hands-on within the IT Enterprise Systems and Infrastructure team and reports directly to the VP of IT. The ideal candidate for this role is experienced and has proven that they can be individually responsible for the architectural design, implementation, administration, security, elevated support, and troubleshooting. The Systems Engineer III will continually improve and secure infrastructure and cloud environments, systems, technical processes, SLAs, monitoring, and reporting. The ideal candidate for this role has exceptional technical skills, pays close attention to detail, and has a deep understanding of all IT best practices and leadership methodologies. The Systems Engineer III plays a key role in the collaboration, planning, and delivery of all IT initiatives along with defining the strategic roadmap of the IT Enterprise Systems and Infrastructure team.
Job responsibilities for the Systems Engineer III:
- Assist, lead, and manage the planning, architectural design, implementation, securing, troubleshooting, support, and documentation of Cloud/Cloud-Hybrid projects and environments, infrastructure projects and upgrades, enterprise applications and upgrades, network security, and data continuity projects and upgrades.
- Manage and maintain the multiple enterprise virtualization and cloud/cloud-hybrid environments including troubleshooting, performance monitoring and optimization, capacity reclamation, high availability, fault tolerance, hardening, securing, and continuity planning.
- Work alongside the VP of IT to improve the efficiency and implementation of existing processes and technologies to promote positive change.
- Lead and coach the Systems Engineers to improve their efficiency and technical abilities.
- Identify all opportunities for enhancement and improvement, while using new ideas and technologies within the space.
- Troubleshoot systems and network security issues in a 24/7 mission-critical environment.
- Provide enterprise-wide elevated tech consulting and mentoring to internal teams and external customers.
- Take the lead on system and infrastructure issues by providing elevated tech support enterprise-wide.
- Perform detailed root cause analysis and postmortem reports to identify and avoid future issues.
- Monitor and track scheduled system maintenance activities.
- Issue logging, tracking, analysis, reporting, and management.
- Maintain records and provide reports on downtime, changes, and updates.
- Prepare, construct, and deliver formal and informal presentations to illustrate ideas, solutions, and issues.
- Create and document policies and procedures, end-user, installation instructions, system design, scripts, and test plans.
- Collaboratively maintain and administer software and hardware inventories.
- Assist in enterprise licensing negotiations, procurements, and management.
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related field preferred but not required
- 5+ years of experience managing Windows Server/Linux server environments, cloud/cloud-hybrid environments using VMWare, AWS, Azure, and Office365
- Microsoft Office365 Platform Administration including Azure AD, Office365 Tenant, Teams, Exchange Online, and SharePoint Online
- Amazon Web Services Cloud technologies
- Azure Cloud technologies
- Active Directory, group policy, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, SNMP, and WMI
- Linux Distributions (CentOS, RedHat, SUSE, and Ubuntu)
- Backup and replication technologies
- Attention to detail
- High level of accountability
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction
- Excellent time-management skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with a collaborative team mindset
- Complex problem solving, analytical, data gathering, and creative solution abilities
- Ability to lead, delegate, and influence others to perform their jobs efficiently and productively
- Ability to be on call remotely, on-site, and off-site for maintenance
Highly Desired Qualifications
- Previous experience in a leadership role
- Certification in VMWare, AWS, Microsoft/Azure, SonicWALL, CompTIA
- Citrix ShareFile
- Barracuda email protection
- SonicWALL firewall, switches, and WAP
- Vulnerability scanning
- Data continuity
- Disaster recovery
- Virtual Data Replication
- IIS and Apache
- MySQL administration
- VMWare VSphere 5x and Horizon 6x
- Converged and Hyper-Converged including HPE, VMWare, 3PAR, BROCADE
- HPE ProLiant Rack Servers, HPE ProLiant Blade Servers, HPE Blade System Enclosures, and HPE Virtual Connect
If you are qualified, please reply to this request immediately with your resume.
You can apply directly to the posted job or you can send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
About ParkerBeth Search Partners
With over 20 years of experience in the recruitment industry, ParkerBeth is the right choice when it comes to professional placement career opportunities. Our goal is to connect talented job seekers and amazing companies!
ParkerBeth Search Partners is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of parkerBeth Search Partners to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law
ParkerBeth Search Partners… Integrity at Work
TechnologyView all jobs at ParkerBeth, LLC