Student Relations Manager
- Expired: September 22, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you interested in building a career that makes a difference and creates a legacy? Parker University, the fourth-fastest growing college in Texas and the fastest-growing college in Dallas, is currently searching for a Student Relations Manager to join our rapidly expanding team! We are seeking individuals who desire to use their unique skills to innovate and make an impact.
The Student Relations Manager will manage a fast-paced, energetic student support center providing comprehensive support related to student records, registration, financial aid, and student accounts to new and continuing students. Utilize strong organizational, problem solving, and communication skills to assist in a wide range of enrollment service inquiries. Provide a positive, professional experience for students, faculty, staff, and guests. Support institutional improvement initiatives. Work on campus 8-5 and maintain flexibility during peak registration and term start.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Provide support to the One Stop team, enabling staff to provide services to new and continuing students as it relates to financial aid, bursar, admissions, and registrar data (tier 1 support)
- Provide timely, precise guidance and support to multiple students simultaneously in a fast-paced, student-centered environment when outside the scope of the representatives (tier 2 support)
- Execute proactive outbound communication campaigns and promotional material to improve student enrollment experiences
- Assist the Director in analyzing reports and data related to inquiry volume, resolution, and satisfaction
- Manage daily functions of departmental systems to ensure operational needs are met as well as develop best practices to support the use of applications
- Assist in any projects, tasks, or duties deemed necessary
- Complete all assigned daily duties on a daily basis, and all others in a timely manner
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, or any related field of study; Relevant work experience will be considered
- 3-5 years of experience in higher education environment, preferably areas of enrollment, student support, financial aid, registrar, and/or bursar/student accounts
- 1-2 years of experience managing and developing teams
- Demonstrated ability to organize, track, and innovate in a high-touch customer service environment
- Working knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, and standards such as FERPA and AACRAO, US Department of Education federal and state financial aid guidelines, information privacy and security, and human resources
- Thorough knowledge of student information systems or other enterprise resource planning systems and related applications
- Experience writing and developing reports using reporting tools such as Excel, SAP Crystal Reports, QlikView, Izenda, or Tableau is preferred
- Must be in and maintain good standing with the Department of Education for continued employment
- Ability to analyze complex problems and translate into new system requirements, processes, and procedures
- Friendly, customer service-oriented attitude
- Strong oral and written communication
- Ability to meet deadlines while multi-tasking and work with interruptions
- Report development skills
- Ability to work efficiently, be detail-oriented, organized and manage projects from start to finish with minimum supervision
- Possess solid computer skills, including the ability to work in a Windows environment
- Strong preference given to those with demonstrated knowledge of Jenzabar and Infomaker software, as well as familiarity with other specific applications used by the University is a plus.
Parker University is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
Founded in 1982 by Dr. James William Parker, Parker University has more than 1,800 students and 34 academic programs. Parker University proudly offers its famed Doctor of Chiropractic degree and Business and Technology and Health Sciences programs.
Parker University has been recognized as a Great College to Work For® and one of the 25 Fastest-Growing Colleges in the U.S.
Parker University offers competitive salaries, generous benefits, and the opportunity to engage with our unique campus community
GovernmentView all jobs at Parker University
Get fresh Make Difference jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.