Digital Reference Librarian
Parker University Dallas, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
JOB OBJECTIVES: Responsible for providing reference services to Parker University’s student body, faculty, staff, administration.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Job responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Instruct students, faculty, and staff in the use of the Library’s resources and facilities including the Library website, public access catalog, electronic journals, eBooks, and databases.
- Capable of developing and implementing creative initiatives to help students and faculty integrate digital tools and methodologies into their coursework and research
- Assist patrons in answering questions and locating materials.
- Assist users in locating research articles, and interlibrary loan as needed.
- Experienced in light cataloging using the Library of Congress classification system.
- Keep current lists of requested statistics for Institutional Effectiveness.
- Process physical library resources with RFID tags, spines labels, and barcodes as needed.
- To prepare and organize purchase requests for library resources.
- Participate in the selection and ordering of library materials for educational programs.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, departments, community groups, and other libraries.
- Determine and acquire reserve items for each new trimester, and update reserve items list as needed.
- Make presentations and provide instruction or workshops for library users and departments.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and participate in training as needed.
- Master's degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited master’s program.
- Skilled in all aspects of digital learning information
- 3 years’ experience in a health-related environment preferred.
- Proficient using OCLC and SirsiDynix for cataloging and interlibrary loan.
- Experience with cataloging using the Library of Congress classification system.
- Forward-thinking, collaborative with faculty, program directors, etc. to understand and promote the ways that digital library services can advance the academic mission of the university
- Proficiency in software applications common in higher education environments, such as the Microsoft Suite, student information systems, and Learning Management Systems.
- Good public relation skills;
- Good use of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation skills; legible handwriting;
- Good organizational skills
- Visual acuity to use a keyboard and view a computer terminal. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp.
- May require ordinary ambulatory skills; ability to reach book on shelves; or the ability to stand and walk.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or move light to medium weight up to twelve (12) pounds.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Parker University is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
GovernmentView all jobs at Parker University