Vice President Finance and Human Resources
Parker Steel Company Toledo, OH
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Vice President Finance and Human Resources
REPORTS TO: President
The Vice President Finance & Human Resources is the Chief Financial Officer of Parker Steel Company, a successful privately owned specialty metals distributor, headquartered in Maumee, Ohio. The VP Finance and HR provides leadership and direction for the company accounting and financial activities of the company including cost accounting, financial planning and analysis, tax compliance, accounts payable, and accounts receivable functions. Participates as an active member of the Management Team. The VP Finance & HR administers employee payroll and benefits, manages the accounting function, invoicing activities, and a variety of other administrative functions.
We are seeking a hands on Financial Professional to become a team member and provide additonal leadership to our team.
1. Manage the accounting and financial activities of the company, including cost accounting, financial planning and analysis, tax compliance, accounts payable, and accounts receiving functions.
2. Participate as an active member of the Management Team.
3. Supervise the Accounting Staff: give direction and guidance, evaluate and coach performance; identify, plan and execute training and development activities.
4. Manage invoicing activities.
5. Create monthly financial statements, and publish to the CEO and President: Close transactions for the month; input standard entries: depreciation, etc.; input payroll for month; reconcile checkbook to bank statement; review draft report and reconcile discrepancies.
6. Oversee credit management, directing Credit Manager.
7. Administer the profit sharing and 401K plan.
8. Annually, compile and submit financial information to certified public accounting firm for financial review; analyze accounts and communicate justification for assigning entries to various accounts.
9. Manage fixed asset list.
10. Manage and ensure the accuracy of payroll and all related documentation, including collecting, analyzing and adjusting payroll data to ensure accuracy. Submit data to payroll services, and review payroll statements and payments for accuracy.
11. Manage the gathering and dispersal of all required new hire orientation documentation.
12. Oversee the administration of health insurance benefits, including insurance provider evaluation, employee enrollment verification, and appropriate employee insurance issue support. Resolve issues with insurance payments; direct employees to the right place to get issues resolved.
13. Audit the federal income tax withholding and submit monthly Ohio and Toledo income tax payments. Quarterly, submit 941 forms and unemployment insurance forms.
14. Manage financial reporting & transactions of related Investment Trust companies.
15. Manage general liability insurance: Submit required information; solicit proposals and quotes; coordinate with broker.
16. Exhibit a good, positive attitude.
17. Encourage teamwork; work effectively with other departments
18. Perform all tasks and duties in a safe manner, fully complying with all policies and procedures.
Perform other duties as required. The list of essential functions is not exhaustive. It only defines some of the main responsibilities. The employee may be required to perform additional duties not listed.
1. Four year university degree in accounting, or equivalent experience.
2. Strong financial competence & experience.
3. Ten plus years experience in a comparable role.
4. Strong at both company big picture and hands on detail.
5. Operational experience, a plus.
6. High integrity.
7. Strong analytical ability.
8. Detail oriented.
9. Team player.
10. Positive attitude.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Parker Steel has the largest inventory of metric metal products in the United States, and is ISO-9001 and CTPAT certified.
Parker Steel provides an excellent high integrity, people-oriented & safe work environment, as evidenced by extremely low turnover.
Compensation commensurate with experience. Includes bonus opportunity.
Parker Steel CompanyWhy Work Here?
High quality Metric Metal Distribution company with great team members. Leader in our niche. Excellent place to work
Parker Steel Company, located in Toledo, Ohio, is a successful specialty metals distributor. Its specialty is Metric sized metal products, which are sold throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico. Parker Steel’s industry-leading success is driven by its strong customer satisfaction focus, with all members of the team contributing to this ultimate goal. Parker Steel has the largest inventory of metric metal products in the United States, and is ISO-9001 and CTPAT certified. Parker Steel provides an excellent high integrity, people-oriented & safe work environment, as evidenced by extremely low turnover. Compensation commensurate with experience. Includes bonus opportunity.
1625 Indian Wood CircleToledo, OH
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Parker Steel Company