Customer Service Specialist needed in Gig Harbor, WA
Job# ID: 16149
Pay Rate: $16.10hr
Start date: 5/6/19
Location: Renton/Gig Harbor/Lynnwood
Walk-in Center Office hours are: 8am-6pm Monday-Friday and 9am-3pm Saturday
Our client, a key player in the effort to keep the region's traffic infrastructure moving, has opened a brand new customer support center in Renton, WA. Spearheaded by an award winning provider of transformative engineering and infrastructure solutions, this is an amazing opportunity to be a part of an effort that helps move thousands of commuters daily in the Puget Sound region.
As a Customer Service Specialist, you are responsible for handling in-person customer service. This role will handle customer interactions in a professional, helpful, and accurate manner by following standard scripts and procedures. This position must be flexible and willing to adjust to other duties of the CSC based on business needs. Other duties to include, payment processing, deposit preparation and reconciliation, correspondence and dispute handling, image review and notice quality review.
- Handles walk-in customer service activities related to tolling, Invoices, and violation inquiries.
- Troubleshoots situations accurately, quickly and efficiently for customers in person.
- Receives and processes account update requests from customers.
- Performs accurate cash, check, and credit card payment processing.
- Negotiates payments and fee reductions up to their established limits.
- Documents customer visits and actions in the database.
- Researches and resolves customer issues.
- Records individual completed daily work statistics.
- Generates, and receives correspondence via fax, mail, and email.
- Performs daily closeouts and deposit preparation.
- Makes outbound calls when requested.
- Performs notice quality review activities when assigned.
- Performs image review when required.
- Knowledgeable in the processing of toll transactions and video bills in the system: receives, processes, and deposits payments; updates accounts and video bills as to their status; and opens new accounts.
- Performs data entry.
- Helps other departments with their tasks when inbound call volume is low.
- Maintains an above average attendance record.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED Certificate is required.
- At least one year of prior customer service, retail, or call center experience required.
- Ability to pass a soft-pull Credit Check (will not affect your credit score)
- Ability to pass a criminal history check
- Ability to pass an 11-panel drug screen (includes marijuana)
- Outstanding verbal communication skills (phone etiquette).
- Detail oriented, ability to multi-task, and highly organized.
- Strong data entry and computer skills.
- Able to pass typing, spelling, and math assessments