SUMMARY: Responsible for preparing budgets and forecasts across the organization. Prepares quarterly management financial package along with cash and borrowing base forecasts. Supports cash management activities related to working capital and debt covenant requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepare quarterly forecasts and annual budgets. Coordinate and manage the budgeting and forecasting processes. Evaluate budget and forecast assumptions and inputs by comparing historical trends, performing recalculations, preparing analyses and any other appropriate benchmark measures as appropriate.
• Prepare quarterly management financials on a timely basis, working with the accounting department and departments as necessary to obtain variance explanations, schedules, etc.
• Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs and funds available for investment.
• Support activities related to debt which may include assisting with obtaining new loans, loan amendments, compliance with debt covenants and overall cash management.
• Prepares borrowing base certificates.
• Prepare budget vs. actual schedules for quarterly business reviews and work with the data analyst to formulate reports required.
• Serves as a backup to the accounting manager. Reviews and approves assigned peer work to maintain internal control and cross train duties. Apply professional skepticism by cross-checking amounts, performing reasonableness tests, etc to ensure accuracy. Inform others within the organization of issues as necessary on a timely basis.
• Identify opportunities to improve accounting and reporting processes and provide recommendations as appropriate.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
• Bachelor's Degree (BA) from four-year college or university in finance or accounting, and at least 4-7 years of related experience and/or training.
• Computer skills required: (Accounting Software; Microsoft Office Suite)
• Other skills required: Average to advanced skills with Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.