- Expired: October 05, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Location: Hagerstown, MD
Position Title: Maintenance Manager
Date: October 4, 2022
Reports To: Plant Manager
Exempt: X Non-Exempt: _____
Parker Plastics, Inc. ("PPI") is a privately-owned manufacturer of plastic bottles and containers. Founded in 1989, PPI has four custom blow molding plants located in Sand Springs, OK, Pleasant Prairie, WI, Hagerstown, MD, and North Las Vegas, NV. Parker Plastics is looking to hire a Maintenance Manager to join our growing company and lead overall operations in our Maryland plant.
- A 30-year strong, manufacturing company with a history of sustained growth
- Focused on growth, efficiency, and continuous improvement as a company
- Striving to provide opportunity, stability, & work-life balance for our employees
- Opportunities to participate financially in the growth and profitability of the company
- Lead an autonomous facility, with the support of a national organization
- Competitive base compensation
- Performance based annual bonus
- 401(k) with company match
- Annual profit sharing
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company-paid short & long-term disability, AD&D, and life insurance
This position reports to the Plant Manager and is responsible for the direction and supervision of maintenance staff in relation to all production functions/ needs. This position is responsible for supervising and coordinating electrical, instrumentation, and mechanical activities. Activities include but are not limited to the development and upkeep of the preventative maintenance program, coordination of maintenance scheduling to reduce downtime while maintaining safe work practices, troubleshooting process maintenance issues, and foster a positive and innovative work environment. The Maintenance Manager performs duties in a safe, productive, and cost-effective manner while maintaining compliance with health, environmental, and radiological issues. This is a "hands-on" position for someone with technical expertise and active management experience. This is an exciting opportunity to drive change and make a significant impact on our growing organization.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities:
- Lead team of 4 - maintenance support group plus work with the production supervisors with 8 mechanics and other production team members.
- Be on the floor as a leader and working with the team daily.
- Lead and drive management commitment to personal and food safety programs.
- Works with scheduling controls and in conjunction with the Production Scheduling function to ensure that schedules are developed which meet customer needs while maximizing production efficiencies (i.e. minimization of mold changes and downtime).
- Tracks production figures, labor, efficiencies, downtime, preform consumption and scrap on a regular basis. Identifies operational trends and issues and recommends actions to effectively address problems and capitalize on opportunities.
- Review Key Performance Indicators on a daily basis and create and implement plans to improve performance.
- Responsible for skills development of maintenance personnel and machine techs to increase knowledge base and flexibility within the production function.
- Create and maintain a positive culture to drive employee retention and alignment around shared goals and objectives.
- Develop and execute the strategic improvement plan for site maintenance including plant infrastructure, equipment maintenance, facility maintenance etc.
- Communicates with scheduler, customer service and maintenance departments to ensure due dates along with quality requirements are met.
- Identifies and implements continuous improvement activities to improve department performance.
- Ensure all job changes and setups are meeting the standards times goals along with cycle times for running production.
- Analyze equipment failure data and revise the Preventative Maintenance program as required to improve safety, optimize uptime, and reduce cost.
- Ensure daily maintenance activities are prioritized in alignment with the needs of Manufacturing and Planning departments.
- Coordinate 3rd party onsite maintenance activities.
- Responsible for supporting OSHA General Industry and Construction Standards including but not limited to Lockout/Tagout, Hot Work Permits, Confined Space, Fall Protection, PPE, JSA, and Risk Assessments.
- Ensure compliance with all departmental health, safety and environmental regulations, and company policies and procedures.
- Develop and manage the Critical Spares program in alignment with the business needs of the site.
- Provide troubleshooting support and guidance for the maintenance team including on the off shifts as needed.
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with all GMP's, company policies, and procedures.
- Maximize throughput and machine efficiency by ensuring proper training and setup and continuously evaluating ways of exceeding standards.
- Responsible for maintaining key equipment parts inventory, managing the Preventative Maintenance (PM) program, managing the Work Order system, and managing the overall day-to-day activities of the department.
- Plan the most effective and cost-efficient utilization of manpower, materials, and machinery.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline preferred but will consider non-degreed candidates based on having the knowledge below...
- 5 to 10 years of hands-on industrial maintenance supervision experience in a responsible management position is required.
- Will consider Plant Engineers, Maintenance Managers/Supervisors who have managed projects and maintenance employees and possibly an Engineering Manager that has been responsible for maintenance of both production machines and the overall facility.
- Strong preference to working knowledge of Blow Molding machines, processes, and related equipment but will consider any other type of plastics manufacturing (Thermoforming, extrusion, blown-films, cast-films, injection molding, etc.) for any industry is fine but strong preference to products for the package industries).
- Must have good people and team-building skills practicing a visible leadership style working out on the floor with employees leading by example, scheduling, mentoring/training, goal setting, motivating, and holding /driving accountability (A micro-manager or aggressive mgmt. style will NOT work at this facility).
- A plus for working knowledge of PLCs for robots/automation - huge benefit but not required
- An added plus for any working knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma methods and implementations.
- Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision-making 10+ years in a production manufacturing environment. Familiarity with Plastics and/or Blow Molding a plus.
- Knowledge of Lean, 5S, problem solving methods and implementations.
Parker Plastics, Inc
Real EstateView all jobs at Parker Plastics, Inc
Get fresh Industrial Maintenance Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.