Program Coordinator - Steamers/Jack's/Aj's
- $21 to $23 Hourly
Position Description: Provides daily oversight to the operations and management of the vocational programming at a community-oriented restaurant where a supportive culture is prioritized. This position is also the vocational point of contact for employees with intellectual and developmental disabilities enrolled in waiver services.
- Provides meaningful and person-centered 1:1 and small group vocational coaching, skill acquisition opportunities, and support to restaurant staff with I/DD.
- Manages daily operational aspects of the vocational program including schedule coverage, sick calls and time off requests, and communication regarding transportation issues.
- Manages administrative needs of the vocational program such as timekeeping and daily recordkeeping requirements.
- Teaches restaurant and other vocational skills with safety, and the needs of the business in mind.
- Provides opportunities to acquire new experiences and vocational skills through training and coaching.
- Supports individual’s decision making while following the Annual Service Plan and Individual Service and Support Plan (ISSP).
- Works in collaboration with, and as an essential member of support teams.
- Provides supervision and assistance according to ISSPS, regulations and policies, and individual needs.
- Provides ongoing communications with supervisors, team members, family members and all other stakeholders regarding any issues, concerns, problems.
7. Assesses community locations, activities, and PPCH vehicles on a regular basis and reports concerns to supervisor.
8. Complies with PPCH, State, Federal, and other applicable guidelines and regulations.
- Completes all required training, including annual refreshers, according to established timelines.
- Is familiar with PPCH and other regulating agencies’ policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Monitors, completes, and provides required documentation in a timely and accurate manner.
- Promptly communicates and reports all behavioral incidents, medical emergencies, and/or significant incidents to appropriate agencies, teams, or individuals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Training:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Required training will be provided and must be successfully completed.
- Experience supporting others with vocational or employment skills preferred.
- Minimum of one year using Microsoft Office or other software required.
- Restaurant experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with individuals at all professional levels.
- Effective listening skills, even when non-traditional communication is used.
- Skill and ability to lead and coach others.
- Knowledge of food handling, food preparation quality control, safety, and other restaurant guidelines.
- Ability to self-direct and hold oneself accountable to deadlines and goals.
- Skill and ability to constructively receive and provide feedback.
- Ability and willingness to complete required trainings and learn PPCH operations and systems.
- Valid Colorado driver’s license, and ability to meet PPCH’s driving requirements.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Work will be performed in a restaurant or community setting using a laptop computer and standard restaurant equipment.
- Lifting and carrying of approximately 15 lbs.
This position occasionally involves physically supporting others such as pushing/pulling individuals using wheelchairs, assisting individuals with mobility needs, and hand over hand assistance when teaching.
- Occasional reaching over head, bending, stooping, squatting, and climbing.
PPCH endeavors to maintain wage equity across all employees with the same or comparable job titles. Relevant wage determinants for this position include: Seniority, Merit, Experience
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
Parker Personal Care HomesGolden, CO
BusinessView All Parker Personal Care Homes Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.