Community Based Behavioral Health Therapist
Parker Personal Care Homes Lakewood, CO
- Expired: April 12, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position Description: Behavioral Health Therapists conduct a wide range of evaluations & assessments, therapeutic interventions (CBT, DBT, behavioral, etc), crisis intervention, and/or case management services across many environments which requires a high degree of independence. Therapists can expect to work with multiple referral sources such as Community Center Boards (CCBs), Program Approved Service Agencies (PASAs), a variety of counties’ social services departments, Medicaid and other insurances, as well as individuals and families who privately seek out our services. Our therapists support individuals in their homes, workplaces, day programs, schools, and anywhere else that is therapeutically appropriate. Therapists can expect to provide primarily community-based supports to individuals which requires driving throughout our catchment area (Arapahoe, Jefferson, Denver, Adams, Boulder, Broomfield, Weld counties) so that they can provide in home services to individuals.
Licensed or License Eligible: We accept candidates for this position who have their LCSW, LSW, MSW, LPC, LMFT, BCBA, CAC, SOMB and other pertinent licensure.
North Metro Caseload: Boulder, Longmont, Thornton, Westminster & Louisville
Why work at Parker Personal Care Homes and what can we offer you?
We can offer you a diverse community and opportunities for growth! As a community, people share each other's triumphs and struggles. As an organization that takes pride in the community we’ve created, we are determined to remain true to our core values. We provide extensive training along with hands-on learning opportunities to our employees. As a larger organization, there are lots of opportunities for growth here, and we are always excited to promote from within. Our goal is to maintain a culture of happiness, career satisfaction and personal growth - all while providing excellent services to our customers.
PPCH Mission: Our mission is to build an inclusive and supportive community for the people we serve, and we are doing just that, one individual at a time.
Parker Personal Care Homes offers a wide range of behavioral services and supports: Our clinical team, headed by Dr. David Kalis, provide individual counseling, consultation to teams, write behavior plans, and train other team members how to assist individuals in extinguishing challenging behaviors and building skills. All of these services are available to help with especially difficult behaviors which have been identified as being barriers to residential and/or employment success.
About Dr. Kalis: Dr. Kalis has a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology, a Master’s Degree in Social Work, and has conducted numerous seminars and trainings for employers, agencies, federal and state governments, and educators who work with individuals with disabilities. He has practiced in many settings including residential facilities, mental health hospitals, outpatient clinics, and community mental health centers.
Therapist Position Duties:
• a) provide intensive, integrated professional mental health services and treatment planning in outpatient and community based settings in accordance with Health Care Policy and Financing (HCPF) as well as Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment (CDPHE) rules and regulations; prepare treatment plans, discharge plans, and follow-up care programs;
• b) provide professional leadership in the determination of appropriate therapeutic approaches and methods;
• c) plan and implement outreach/education programs, workshops, and activities;
• e) create and maintain case files and related documentation for clinical, legal, and regulation purposes.
• Provide therapeutic crisis intervention and emergency services as required.
• Collect and evaluate data about individuals in services through interview, case history, psychological testing, and/or observational techniques;
• Consult with other therapists and related professionals, as appropriate, in the performance of therapeutic casework.
• Perform administrative functions such as monitoring authorization requests, services plans and prepare a variety of reports including behavioral plans.
• Provide formal consultation, and in-service training to staff/ families
• Must be able to see clients in the home, day program, office and work place as needed.
• Master's degree in Counseling, Social Work, or an equivalent field; at least 3 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
• Should have experience in supporting individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
• Training and knowledge around trauma work is desired.
• Knowledge of psychological testing interpretation.
• Interviewing and psychological/developmental evaluation skills.
• Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
• Ability to maintain emotional stability to cope with human suffering, emergencies, and other stresses.
• Knowledge of crisis intervention techniques.
• Knowledge of legal and ethical issues related to patients' rights.
• Ability to read and write English proficiently.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office components.
• Current/Valid Colorado Driver’s License.
• Ability to pass criminal background checks.
• Must be able to document your eligibility to legally work in the United States.
Minimum Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
• Requires repetitive lifting and carrying of approximately 15lbs as it pertains to customer care items and/or office supplies.
• Driving for 1-2 hours and at times several trips in one day.
• Work is out in the community and primarily indoors, which does require driving and brief exposure to various elements and road conditions.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
Come be a part of our community and help us continue building it, one individual at a time!
Learn More About Us: http://www.kalisandassociates.net/about.html & http://www.parkerpch.com/about-us
PPCH Video: Welcome to PPCH Video!
Like & Follow Us: Facebook Page!
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!!
Parker Personal Care Homes
HealthcareView all jobs at Parker Personal Care Homes