The Parker Jewish Institute, located in New Hyde Park, NY, is seeking a Per Diem Pharmacy Technician to join our team of professionals in the Pharmacy department.
WORKING AT PARKER
The Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care and Rehabilitation, conveniently located on the Queens-Nassau County border in New Hyde Park, New York, is a non-profit health care facility that offers short term rehabilitation, sub-acute care and nursing home care, as well as community-based health care' encompassing adult day health care, home health care, and a hospice program that serves terminally ill patients in their own homes or in nursing facilities, including Parker's nursing home.
Quality care means hiring quality people and Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care and Rehabilitation has a longstanding reputation for excellence and innovation in resident and patient care.
In addition to a friendly, collaborative environment and exciting career-growth opportunities, Parker Jewish Institute also offers these convenience factors:
- A modern, safe and secure campus conveniently located on the Queens/Nassau County border that is easily accessible by public transportation or auto
- Free parking
- A superb, low-cost employee cafeteria
- Day, evening and night shifts, as well as some flex shifts
- Central to excellent housing, superior school districts and excellent shopping
- A variety of nearby child care options, colleges and universities
- Prepares, measures, weigh or compounds medication as per state Board of Pharmacy regulations for patient use under the direct supervision of a Pharmacist
- Delivers medication from Pharmacy to nursing units and clinics
- Provides general assistance to the Pharmacist
- Prepackaging medication orders
- Process drug inventory and stock
- Performs miscellaneous duties and follows guidelines.
- Certified Pharmacy Technician in New York State
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least one (1) year of prior experience as a Pharmacy Technician
- Prior experience in a long term care or hospital setting
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care and Rehabilitation