I/T Technical Analyst
UT-Salt Lake City,
Group: Eng Materials Group N. America
Job Family: Information Technology
Job ID: 15303-1A
< Return to Search Results
Department Marketing Statement
Founded in 1917, Parker Hannifin Corporation is a $14.3 billion, global company.
With annual sales of $14.3 billion in fiscal year 2018, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 50 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 62 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index.
Parker's engineering expertise and broad range of core technologies uniquely positions the company to solve some of the world's greatest engineering challenges. By partnering with customers, Parker improves their productivity and profitability and seeks new ways to solve humanity's biggest challenges.
- Develops and deploys appropriate Information Technology solutions.
- Recommends modifications of basic IT systems in order to improve and simplify business systems and reduce operating cost.
- Establishes and develops procedures for proper utilization of IT technology.
- Evaluates and modifies existing technology to consider changes in business requirements or equipment configurations.
- Overnight travel to remote locations to assist in the implementation of technical solutions.
- Provide after-hour technical support as needed.
- Assist in training and mentoring new employees.
- Understands how applications and technologies impact the business.
- Provides analytical advice and direction for application and technology that impacts business operations.
- Develops data flow, formulas, methods supplying relative illustrative charts, tables, diagrams, and procedural statements.
Specific Requirements for this position to clarify the essential requirements above:
Database administration experience including:
Creating/Generating reports using SQL
Writing and optimizing queries
Microsoft SQL Server experience preferred
Microsoft Windows administration familiarity including:
Active Directory (including LDAP)
SCCM experience preferred
Windows PC deployment and maintenance
This position may be assigned (but is not limited to) one of the following key information technology disciplines and/or services:
- Software Support
- PC Support
- LAN/WAN Support
- Help Desk
- Database Administration
- IT Security
- 4 year University/College Degree
- Knowledge of commensurate technology for assigned area of responsibility (as mentioned above)
- Strong interpersonal skills, relates well with all levels of the organization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Project management ability
- Ability to use Microsoft Office products
- Ability to establish own priorities
- Ability to adapt to changing roles and changing priorities
Equal Employment Opportunity
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
("Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor")
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf