A growing St. Louis based company is adding a Senior Tax Accountant to their team. This role involves a mix of various general accounting work and tax accounting work. This is a newly created position due to growth and will be doing research and eventually be the point person for all tax related matters including State & Local, Sales and Use Tax, Value Added Tax, Personal Property Tax, Federal State Income Taxes, etc. The company is open to an experienced accounting professional who has some experience with state and sales and use taxes who wants to learn and likes to research tax laws and regulations.
- Tax research and tax planning for the organization
- File Sales and Use Tax and Personal Property Tax returns.
- Provide direction and technical guidance to members of Sales Team and/or Project Management Team to resolve questioned tax matters with customers (for example: Domestic Sales Tax, State registration requirements, Foreign WH tax, Foreign VAT tax).
- Recognize, anticipate and resolve tax issues; make recommendations. Advise management on needed actions.
- Comply with federal, state and local requirements.
- Analyze and respond to state notices and assist in state audit requests.
- Collect and analyze financial information for federal, state, local and special tax returns. Prepare documentation and coordinate filings with CPA firm.
- Communicate with attorneys and tax specialists.
- Assist with preparing monthly financial statements and reports as needed.
- Liaise with CPA firm on tax equalization for expatriated employees.
- Research requirements, qualifications, and tax implications for various states, as they come up, and complete required registrations.
- Research and respond to various payroll tax questions, inquiries and concerns.
- Participate in R&D tax credit project.
- Stay updated on changes related to payroll, sales and income tax laws and regulations.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed, including special projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Three or more years of accounting, including some tax experience
- Team-player attitude toward helping others.