Parker + Lynch New York, NY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Parker+Lynch is seeking a Remote Controller for their NYC based manufacturing client. The candidate should live in the east for an occasional meeting with a site or corporate headquarters. You will be responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The controller supervises five site accountants and is responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. Position will have contact with senior-level Attorneys and the firm’s C-Suite which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Collaborates with the other finance department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Ensure a clean and timely year end audit.
- Supervise the general ledger group to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Support teams with special projects and workflow process improvements.
BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting, CPA required
Technical Skills and Prior Experience
Five to seven years prior supervisory experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area. Experience working in an inventory based or manufacturing environment
Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast -pace setting. Experience with a large ERP system. Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel,
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required.
Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.parkerlynch.com/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Parker + Lynch
AddressNew York, NY
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Parker + Lynch