To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. Essential job functions and duties include, but are not limited, to:
- Implements the technology strategic efforts according to the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Assists with vision and recommends innovation; understands the IT trends to create business value by tracking a broad range of emerging technologies to determine their maturity and applicability to the organization.
- Participates in enterprise wide activities including infrastructure and architecture, application development, networks, strategic vendor relationships, outsourcing, and computer and auxiliary operations and support.
- Develops, communicates, and enforces policy and procedures to maximize network uptime and ensure the protection of IT assets, security, and privacy of information entrusted to the organization.
- Develops and maintains a business recovery plan to ensure timely and effective restoration of IT services.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the operating and capital budgets for information systems.
- As part of the executive team, provide strategic input leveraging IT as a competitive resource contributing to lower costs and efficiencies enterprise wide.
- Setup and maintenance of security camera, handheld device (smartphone, tablets), wifi networks.
- Develops and maintains data backup, redundant systems architecture for 99.9% uptime.
- MS SQL Server & MS Access programming/script writing.
- Follow established department SOP's, cGMP regulations.
- Complies with all Company policies and procedures, including safety rules and regulations.
- Maintains a safe work environment and operates in a safe manner.
- Perform other related job duties related to the job, as directed by the CEO.
Performs a variety of leadership duties and job tasks within assigned department and/or work area, ensuring that all applicable safety laws/regulations, as well as state/federal employment laws that pertain to position are followed in accordance with Company policies, procedures, standards, and work-rules.
- Supports Company policies, procedures, and work-rules and ensures that department employees comply with policies, standards, and work-rules.
- Assists with interviewing and selection process of new hires for department, ensuring that non-discriminatory laws and guidelines are followed.
- Provides coaching, guidance, and training to department employees; ensures that employee meets company standards and work expectations as required by job description.
- Reviews safety rules with new department employees, ensuring that Company safety policies and work rules, as well as machinery safety rules and guidelines are understood, before the worker is allowed to operate machinery independently; participates in injury/accident investigations, and completes necessary reports; conducts daily safety inspections of machinery and work area.
- Counsels and disciplines employees, as needed, to ensure compliance with Company policies, standards, and work rules.
- Sets a positive example of leadership to others within the department and throughout the organization; promotes a leadership style that encourages open communication, positive team-building efforts and employee morale.
- Completes 90-Day and annual employee performance evaluations for all department employees.
- Participates in employee suspension and termination meetings.
- Performs other supervisory and managerial duties as needed/requested by senior management.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, education, and/or abilities required for the job:
- Proficient skills in reading, writing, and speaking in English; bilingual (English/Spanish) skills a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills & techniques.
- Basic math skills.
- Effective planning & organizing skills; ability to handle multiple task/duties.
- Hands on experience with: Microsoft Servers, Cisco Network Hardware, Network Security & Troubleshooting, and Maintaining Maximum Network uptime.
- 10 years of Network experience including infrastructure planning and operations
- Previous ERP implementation and support experience.
- Previous experience in FDA regulated nutraceutical or pharmaceutical environment preferred.
- Leadership experience in recommending, implementing, maintaining, state of the art network hardware and software systems.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain a positive, professional, cooperative demeanor, conduct, and working relationship with peers, management, employees, and other individuals that interact with this position.
- Ability to comply, interpret and support Company policies, procedures, work rules, and protocols.
- Ability to adapt effectively to workplace changes and new job duties/responsibilities.
- Ability to represent the Company in The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.