Accounting Manager / Assistant Controller job opportunity in Sacramento, CA
Parker + Lynch is looking for an Accounting Manager with property management experience to fill an immediate need for a well-established client of ours here in the area. The seat is currently open, and the hiring team is available later this week to begin the interview process. Apply now to learn more. I am happy to answer any additional questions regarding this opportunity.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Produces accurate and timely monthly financial reports
- Trains corporate and site bookkeeping and accounting staff
- Prepares journal entries as needed for the general ledger, including year-end entries
- Reviews income statements and monthly financial reports for accuracy
- Prepares draft annual budgets, analyzes balance sheets and income statements, and budgets variances on a monthly basis, reviewing with Director of Asset Management
- Examines all AP and AR entries for correct GL posting
- Analyzes, corrects, and balances rent rolls
- Ensures audit compliance and maintain support documentation and work with auditors during annual audits
- Enters invoices, writes checks, and processes vendor and resident payments
- Coordinates timely payments of mortgages, taxes, reserves, and other fees for assigned properties
- Assembles move-in, move-out and transfer documentation and ensures security deposit reconciliation and refund is completed to comply with California law requirements.
- Prepares bank reconciliations
- Collects vendor W9’s, Liability Insurance, and Workers Compensation documentation.
- Produces year-end 1099’s, mails 1099’s to residents and vendors, and submits reports annually to IRS
- Researches investment options, opening new bank accounts, updating bank signature cards
- Calculates annual security deposit interest and disburses interest payments
- Completes vendor credit card applications
- Updates accounting forms and manual
- Working knowledge of GAAP principles
- Experience with Yardi, OneSite, and ADP platform, desired
- Property management accounting a must
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Flexible, creative, and well organized, with problem solving, communication, and training skills
- Able to work with executive team and outside auditors
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with Executive Team, Auditors, Banks, site staff, vendors, and residents
- Speak, read, and write in English and follow oral and written instructions
Filling this position is a top priority for our firm and we will follow up with qualified candidates soon after receiving resumes. You can easily apply by sending your resume directly to me at email@example.com or by applying directly through this posting.
I look forward to connecting with you soon!
Senior Executive Recruiter
Parker + Lynch