Parker + Lynch Rio Rancho, NM
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Parker + Lynch is recruiting for an Accounting Manager for a client based in Rio Rancho, New Mexico. This is a confidential search. This person will be responsible for the overall corporate consolidation process, including the management of the general ledger and monthly, quarterly and year-end closing processes for multiple entities under the corporate umbrella. This includes overseeing accounts payable, cash management, the tracking and preparation of account reconciliations, and the accounting for more technical transactions held at the Corporate level.
In this role you will supervise team of up to 8 accountants and report to the Controller. You will also have the opportunity to serve as a resource to enhance the reporting capabilities of the finance department through the proliferation of our systems initiatives.
Our client is working in the office with social distancing and safe covid practices.
- Responsible for recording day to day transactions into the accounting system and ensuring inter-company accounts are properly reconciled and balanced.
- Responsible for preparing required work papers, schedules, amortization tables and other required supporting schedules for preparing accounting entries.
- Responsible for all aspects of monthly, quarterly and year-end closing processes; including timeliness and accuracy of monthly close and related reporting, reconciliations, coordination of external audits, and compliance with internal controls around accounting/financial reporting activities.
- Responsible for preparation and accuracy of monthly, quarterly and annual internal financial statements, Board reports and other internal reporting requirements.
- Responsible for assessing and implementing new accounting policies and ensuring compliance with all financial accounting rules and standards, including new pronouncements.
- Assists in development, maintenance and management of the financial reporting department.
- Reviewing, mentoring and teaching accounting staff.
- B.S. Degree in Accounting
- 3-6 years’ experience in large public accounting firm or 5-8 years related private experience (or some combination thereof)
- Knowledgeable in IT systems, Deltek software preferred but not required.
- Strong familiarity with MS Excel and MS Word
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and theory
- Demonstrated problem solving ability (identifies problems and develops/implements solutions)
- Ability to take ownership and drive projects/issues to completion.
- Ability to work well in teams.
- Motivated/able to grow and develop in organization.
- Ability to manage people, including staff, colleagues and upper management.
Required Education and Experience:
Required Skills and Abilities:
If this Accounting Manager Job in Albuquerque/Rio Rancho, NM sounds like one that interests you, apply today! For immediate consideration for this role, or any other accounting and finance roles in Albuquerque, please apply online and send your resume in a Word document to Megan.McQuay@parkerlynch.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records