ASSISTANT BUSINESS MANAGER POSITION SUMMARY:
The primary responsibilities of this position are:
This position is a “Manager in Training” position. Responsible for compliance, strategizing, implementing and reporting to ownership on LIHTC (if applicable), Section 8 (f applicable), collections, rental lease execution, accounts payable, accounts receivable along with the daily operations of the site. The actual job responsibilities may vary depending upon the location, size and type of site
1. Show and rent apartments to ensure no prospect is waiting or asked to return
2. Conduct all business in accordance to company standards, policies and procedures
3. Keep up to date on revised policies and procedures by logging into the employee portal(s) on a daily basis
4. Maintains and adheres to the assigned daily checklist for this position.
5. Responsible for execution of training of the Sales & Marketing Manager, Sales & Marketing Associate and all Service team members.
6. Responsible for the Sales & Marketing job description if there is not one onsite or if the person in this position is not preforming
7. Ensure all paperwork compliance with company, LIHTC and Section 8 policies
8. Ensure rent rolls are accurate on a daily basis
9. Daily contact with residents in order to collect 100% of their balance due
10. Handle resident complaints per company policy
11. Keep Yardi updated with all resident correspondence – memos
12. Post resident payments each day
13. Expected to meet rent collection expectations by but not limited to, calling residents, knocking on doors, emailing residents and calling emergency contacts
14. Ensure all move out paperwork is processed per local statute and HRG policies and procedures
15. Comply with all company policies on accounts receivable
16. Comply with all company policies on accounts payable
17. Send all lease agreements for new residents
18. Comply with company policy on eSignatures on lease agreements, welcome home pages, policy adjustment forms, etc
19. Keep inventory of all office supplies
20. Work closely with the Service Supervisor to ensure invoicing is accurate
21. Enter all purchase orders
22. Process all applications for approval if needed
23. Work to ensure residents are paying online
24. Assist in marketing efforts as needed
25. Assign parking places.
26. Type, answer the phone and complete all assignments as directed by the Business Manager.
27. Maintain the Business offices in an orderly and controlled manner such that a responsible and respectful attitude is reflected to visitors, telephone callers, residents and others entering the property.
28. Fulfill other duties as may be assigned by the Business Manager or Regional Property Manager.
29. Must have reliable transportation to attend off site marketing and additional assignments
30. If your property is staffed without a Sales & Marketing Associate, you are required to complete the job description for the Sales and Marketing Associate as well.
Other duties as assigned as needed by the property. This can include grounds, light maintenance, on call, etc
When the Business Manager is not available, the Assistant Business Manager will be responsible for the supervision of the entire team
QUALIFICATIONS: (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Training and Experience.)
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and /’or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Education and/or experience
a. High school education
b. Accounting/Bookkeeping and administrative background helpful
c. Real Estate License, Certified Apartment Manager (CAM) or similar designation preferred.
2. Language Skills
a. Good verbal and written communication skills
3. Mathematical Skills
4. Computer Skills
a. Personal computer use
5. Reasoning Ability
a. Ability to work and understand the problems and various needs of residents.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Ability to move 20 pounds.
· Ability to use personal computer.
· Ability to communicate in English clearly with the others orally and in writing.
· Ability to walk steps and do regular visual inspections of the property. Work environment is primarily an indoor office environment but does include outdoor work as needed.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee. This job description does not alter the at-will employment relationship. This job description may change or be altered by the company at any time, with or without notice.
Parke East Townhomes