ADMIN POSITION SUMMARY:
The Admin position responsibilities are to assist the enter team with tasks to ensure the efficient operation of the property on a daily basis.
· Conduct all business in accordance to company standards.
· Answer phones/emails properly in a friendly, helpful and knowledgeable manner.
· Keep Yardi updated with all resident correspondence – memos.
· Maintain renter’s insurance database using ePremium.
· Ensure all office supplies are in stock. Inform Business Manager when supplies are low.
· Plan, assist and attend resident social functions when on property.
Leasing & Marketing – Occupancy Specialist
· Show and rent apartments to ensure no prospect is waiting or asked to return
· Conduct all business in accordance to company standards, policies and procedures
· Keep up to date on revised policies and procedures by logging into the employee portal(s) on a daily basis
· Maintains and adheres to the assigned daily checklist for this position.
· Greets applicants and provides instruction and guidance to prospective residents during application process.
· Coordinates leasing to include intakes, processing and preparation of applications, and their distribution.
· Never imply acceptability until all Compliance documents have been received and approved.
· Check Bluemoon for signatures coming in overnight on pending leases.
· Check Dropbox for signatures coming in overnight on pending welcome pages, preview leases and lease signing checklists.
· Prepares lease packages and supplemental documents for new move-ins.
· Special projects as assigned by property manager.
· Fosters a positive, active and collaborative relationship with staff, residents and associated agencies.
· Preserves and respects resident and applicant confidentiality.
· Responsible for tracking an application & verification log that is submitted to the Director of Compliance on a weekly basis or as often as necessary.
· Works in conjunction with the Sales and Marketing Associate to coordinate follow up and new prospects.
· Processes income certifications for all applicants.
· Reviews move in files to ensure Program Compliance is being met.
· Meets the needs of The Director of Compliance when related to the department.
· Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Compliance when requested.
· Is a team player and can multi-task based on priority of assignment.
· Performs administrative duties for the department when needed.
· Must have reliable transportation to attend off site marketing assignments
· Gathers corrections at the time of a file review and physical inspection has findings, and prepares the response letter to obtain approval from the Director of Compliance.
· Covers co-worker’s duties when needed.
· Attends employee meetings and training seminars as requested.
· Ensure all applications are approved by management within 3 business days.
· Email “Daily Update Report” before close of each day.
· Work closely with Business Manager to ensure occupancy closes at 95% or higher each Thursday.
· Responsible for the Sales & Marketing job description if there is not one onsite or if the person in this position is not preforming
· Collect rents and all monies due on the first of the month by depositing of funds in the bank and entering of information into Yardi the day they were received.
· Maintain very tough collections procedures; speak to residents owing money daily – knock on doors. Send the files for eviction in a timely manner.
· Assist residents with signing Promise to Pays if necessary. Record Promise to Pays in Yardi and send to Business Manager & Regional Manager through DocuSign.
· Enter all rent roll changes on a weekly basis.
· Charge the former resident all the appropriate charges and enter them into Yardi, even if they are over the amount of the security deposit.
· For any balances owed after move-outs, make sure the files go to your collection agency within 7 days of the resident’s move-out.
· Work to ensure residents are paying online.
· Enter all purchase orders.
· Process all bills promptly. If they are to be held for any reason, send to Accounts Payable for entry and request the “vendor be placed on hold” until it is resolved. Discuss these invoices with your BM.
· Update make-ready board in Yardi daily.
· Coordinate all move-in and move-out logistics and scheduling with entire team.
· Prepare for move-ins: Complete weekend pull; pull keys for file and ensure they work; gather access card, laundry card, parking permit and WIPS card prior to move-in date. Ensure all data is in Yardi and access card is activated in Brivo.
Other duties as assigned as needed by the property. This can include grounds, light maintenance, on call, etc
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Training and Experience.)
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and /’or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Education and/or experience
a. High school education
b. Accounting/Bookkeeping and administrative/customer service background helpful
2. Language Skills
a. Good verbal and written communication skills
3. Mathematical Skills
4. Computer Skills
a. Personal computer use
5. Reasoning Ability
a. Ability to work and understand the problems and various needs of residents.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Ability to move 20 pounds.
· Ability to use personal computer.
· Ability to communicate in English clearly with the others orally and in writing.
· Ability to walk steps and do regular visual inspections of the property. Work environment is primarily an indoor office environment but does include outdoor work as needed.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee. This job description does not alter the at-will employment relationship. This job description may change or be altered by the company at any time, with or without notice.