Park Village Pines has provided Senior Assisted Living in Kalamazoo (and Elderly Assisted Care services) since 1983. In our three buildings, we serve seniors and the elderly who have few or basic care needs as well as those who require specialized or memory loss care.
As a non-profit organization, we are uniquely committed to being an excellent Christ-centered senior care center and Christian residency community where people love to live, work, and support.
- Medical & Prescription coverage ($24/paycheck)
- Dental & Vision (free for the employee)
- Matching 401k
- Paid Time Off
- Long Term Disability Coverage
- Paid Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Identity Theft Protection
- Short Term Disability Coverage
- Clothing Allowance
- Anniversary Bonuses
... and more.
Job Summary: Provide assistance with the activities of daily living, a safe environment, physical comfort, and emotional and social support to the Residents.
- Training and instruction per qualified staff
- Experience and understanding of geriatrics would be beneficial.
- Adhere to the organization, federal, and state regulations regarding nursing care.
- Ability to communicate well with people.
- Maintains neat, well-groomed appearance adhering to Park Village Pines' dress code.
- Be available to work weekends and holidays as needed
- Provide personal care to residents including bathing, oral hygiene, hair grooming, skin and nail care, toileting, dressing and undressing, and shaving. Takes and records residents' weight as needed.
- Answers call lights to determine and meet the resident's needs.
- Adheres to HIPAA regulations/including not discussing residents' circumstances with other departments.
- Collects food trays from the residents' rooms.
- Transports/transfers residents using wheelchairs, walkers, cane, and stand-by assist.
- Change bed linens/make the bed if needed.
- Encourage/assist residents in keeping their rooms clean and orderly.
- Is aware of resident's needs and responds accordingly.
- Responds rapidly and appropriately to emergencies – including resident and co-worker safety.
- Observes and reports changes in skin condition, appetite, behavior, emotional needs, etc. of residents to proper staff members.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding information/medical records.
- Is flexible, receptive, and adaptive to change.
- Maintains clean work areas.
- Attends scheduled meetings as required.
- Projects a positive image in dealing with residents, co-workers, families, and the public.
- Uses appropriate and safe body mechanics when lifting and/or transferring residents.
- Uses good hand washing techniques and follows infectious control policies
- Completes daily paperwork as required.
- Performs other reasonably related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or other management as required.
- Lift and carry light objects such as resident charts, thermometers, basins, and resident care items without assistance.
- Lift, push/pull 100lbs+, assisting residents to/from their rooms.
- Stand or walk up to 90% of an eight-hour shift.
- Reach overhead occasionally to obtain items from shelves/closets.
- Able to wear gloves and other protective equipment.
- Hearing, seeing, and reading skills are required to comprehend directions, identification of residents, emergency alarms, and use of equipment.
- Attention span necessary to complete required tasks.
- 100% of the workday is spent indoors – however, in good weather an assistant may accompany a resident outdoors for a walk, etc.
- Occasional exposure to blood/bodily fluids.
- Mandation when necessary (refer to Employee Playbook for policy information)
- Frequent exposure to bacteria, viruses, and other infectious agents in dealing with residents, co-workers, family, and the public.
- Occasional exposure to hazardous chemicals such as soap, disinfectants, etc., as identified by Park Village Pines' MSDS manual.
- Frequent exposure to latex, vinyl, plastic, or materials used in personal protective equipment.
- Frequent exposure to injuries due to the unpredictable behavior of residents.
Park Village Pines