Senior Apartment Community Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
Park Properties Management Company seeks an experienced Senior Apartment Community Manager to provide oversight of and support to the on-site staff members to ensure that all company polices are adhered to in a consistent manner. The Senior Community Manager effectively manages and coordinates persons, activities and available resources in order to accomplish community objectives.
This position will be based in Blacksburg, VA.
This position requires at least 5 years of property management experience and must include multi-site management and supervision of at least seven employees. Experience with affordable housing required. Candidates must have a background in supervision and successful track record of accomplishments. This position requires proven leadership and motivational abilities. Exceptional communication skills and ability to interact with wide range of people are essential to this position.
Work Hours: 40 hours per week. Must be available on weekends for staffing needs and emergencies. Must have reliable personal transportation and ability to travel to inspect multi-site portfolio.
The Senior Apartment Community Manager job duties and responsibilities include:
- Reviews and helps develop annual property management plan and operating budget.
- Reviews all monthly financial reports. Expenditures in accordance with Company policy and procedures.
- Handles employee selection, training, and control, and assures that all supervised employees comply with the appropriate policies and procedures.
- Maintains records on all aspects of management activity on a monthly basis. Ensures that occupancy levels are meeting expectations.
- Maintains positive customer service attitude. Attends to resident concerns on an as needed basis.
- Physically walks and inspects the interior and exterior of every community within his/her portfolio on a monthly basis. Makes recommendations for physical repairs and/or replacements.
- Coordinates with Regional Facilities Manager to ensure all staff members meet their obligations with maintain the property.
- Maintains awareness of market/industry conditions and trends via trade publications, professional organizations, etc. Regularly evaluates market conditions and comparable properties.
- Conducts all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other laws pertaining to apartments.
Skills and experience
- Education Requirements: Bachelor's Degree in a related field or an Associate's Degree along with the CPM designation preferred.
- Computer Skills: Word Processing/On-Site Rental System (Must be proficient with a calculator.) Experience with Yardi preferred.
- Exceptional communication skills - both verbal and written. Must have excellent grammar and a strong ability to develop letters, reports, policies, and procedures.
- Strong attention to detail - ability to read reports and analyze data. Ability to keep track of a busy schedule and multi-projects through the course of the day. Must be able to read contracts and understand legal terms.
- Fair but firm attitude toward employee and resident relations.
- Self-motivated - needs limited supervision; however, is able to communicate important details.
- Multi-tasker - able to attend to many matters throughout the day.
- Financially savvy - able to understand complex financial situations and forecast performance. Ability to read and understand Key Performance Indicator reports and take action to improve performance.
- Must have reliable personal transportation to inspect portfolio and to attend to company functions and job related matters. Ability to travel overnight as needed.
Full-time position (40 hours) with weekend hours required on a rotating basis.
Competitive wages, benefits, and pleasant work environment.
NOTE: As a condition of employment, a satisfactory drug test and background check are required.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
A proud Virginia Values Veterans V3-certified company
Park Properties Management Company
Real EstateView all jobs at Park Properties Management Company