Regional Facilities Manager
- Expired: December 16, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Park Properties Management Company is a growing residential and commercial property management company with our corporate office located in Charlottesville, VA.
We are seeking an experienced Regional Facilities Manager to manage and maintain the physical integrity of the communities in his/her portfolio at all times. This involves insuring a safe and secure living environment for residents, visitors and staff. These objectives will include initiating, implementing, and insuring that operating procedures are in accordance with standard operation procedures, and policies of the corporation. In addition, the Regional Facilities Manager will train all the Maintenance Supervisors to assume their duties within their position.
This position will be based in Charlottesville, Virginia (Central Virginia).
This position requires at least 5 years of property management experience and must include multi-site management and supervision of at least seven employees.
Candidates must have a background in supervision and successful track record of accomplishments. This position requires proven leadership and motivational abilities. Exceptional communication skills and ability to interact with wide range of people are essential to this position.
Education Requirements: Bachelor's Degree in a related field or an Associate's Degree along with the CAMT designation. Preferred Certifications: HVAC, Refrigerant, CAMT and CAMT II.
Computer Skills: Microsoft Word and Excel/On-Site Rental System (Must be proficient with a calculator.) Experience with Yardi preferred.
Work Hours: 40 hours per week. Must be available on weekends for staffing needs and emergencies. Must have reliable personal transportation and ability to travel to inspect multi-site portfolio.
The Regional Facilities Manager job duties and responsibilities include:
- Review and help develop annual property management plan and operating budget.
- Assist the Director of Property Management with all facets of maintenance operations, both short and long term, and to make recommendations to owners for maximum value enhancement of portfolio.
- Review, create and implement 5 year capital plans for all properties. Maintain a list of projects for all sites and coordinate with on-site staff and/or vendors to complete projects
- Review and approve bids and contracts for budgeted expenditures.
- In conjunction with Community Managers direct maintenance staff. Determine staffing requirements and hire/terminate accordingly.
- Indoctrinate and assist in development of all subordinate maintenance staff. Instill a "safety first" attitude not only with Service Technicians but with all staff.
- Establish, prepare, review and keep as necessary information for daily operations and portfolio functions.
- Manage system for handling resident service requests. Corrects situations within 24 hours when possible.
- Physically walks and inspects the interior and exterior of every community within his/her portfolio on a monthly basis. Makes recommendations for physical repairs and/or replacements.
- Coordinate with Regional Property Manager to ensure all staff members meet their obligations to maintain the property.
- Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, OSHA, and all other laws pertaining to apartments.
Skills and experience
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written. Must have excellent grammar and a strong ability to develop letters, reports, policies, and procedures.
- Strong attention to detail ability to read reports and analyze data. Ability to keep track of a busy schedule and multi-projects through the course of the day. Must be able to read contracts and understand legal terms.
- Fair but firm attitude toward employee and resident relations.
- Self-motivated - needs limited supervision; however, is able to communicate important details.
- Multi-tasker able to attend to many matters throughout the day.
- Financially savvy able to understand complex financial situations and forecast performance. Ability to read and understand Key Performance Indicator reports and take action to improve performance.
- Must have reliable personal transportation to inspect portfolio and to attend to company functions and job related matters. Ability to travel overnight as needed.
NOTE: As a condition of employment, a satisfactory drug test and background check are required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
A proud Virginia Values Veterans V3-certified company
Park Properties Management Company
Get fresh Regional Property Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.