Field Service Engineer
Responsible for providing onsite system diagnostic and analytical support to customers within a geographic territory, or assigned to a specific account, supporting the customer per the terms of the SLA (Service Level Agreement) with Park Place Technologies. Specifically, the FSE responds to customers' systems failures by way of computer hardware service, testing, diagnostic analysis, and systems analysis of hardware, storage area networks, and system configurations. An FSE must be available to respond to customer issues 24/7 and service all equipment regardless of product training within the designated service area. They also must have a thorough and broad knowledge of system configuration and equipment compatibility requirements and limitations across various OEM product lines. The FSE has the skillset to review machine logs internal to the device. As an FSE, you must be willing to participate in After Hours Support Team (if assigned) - providing first response to incoming customer service requests after normal business hours – or hours as assigned per customer contract. The customer support center may field and coordinate calls during scheduled and unscheduled hours.
What you'll be doing:
Provides onsite technical customer support:
- Ensures timely, professional, and effective response to customer service needs to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction. Must be able to be scheduled for work on shifts occurring at any time of day
- Provides effective problem analysis and identification remotely before arrival at customer site; determines needed parts and documentation to minimize down time and multiple trips
- Performs service in a cost effective manner
- Displays professional attitude and courtesy while on site. Maintains effective communication with customer and our customer support center during repair process and any projected delay
- Analyzes software and hardware error logs, utilizes diagnostic and troubleshooting techniques and operating system analysis to ensure timely and effective repair
- Analyzes, diagnoses, troubleshoots and repairs hardware, storage area network and systems configuration and compatibility problems
- Utilizes multiple tools for remote system connection to perform remote diagnosis, repair or configuration changes
- Follows customer specific repair procedures
- Assesses current and future customer needs based on usage of the system
Inventory / Parts Management:
- Determines needed parts and quantities based on contracts in service area
- Returns bad or excess parts in a timely manner
- Manages accurate inventory count, daily and as required and performs bi-yearly physical count inventory
- Accurately completes and timely returns audit forms, email replies, timesheets and expense reports. Attends and participates in regularly scheduled team meetings
- Accounts for all activities correctly using Field Point time reporting utility
What we're looking for:
- Minimum seven (7) years specific experience working with OEM data center hardware
- Successful Prior Field experience
- Solid technical aptitude
- Understanding of different OEM equipment with the ability to grasp new products/concepts
- Ability to work long and/or unusual hours while maintaining effectiveness (manage being on call 24/7)
- Demonstrated experience providing Customer Service (may be internal to organization) and ability to put the Customer Needs first
- Proven ability to work independently, while exhibiting leadership and collaboration, when working with others
- ComTIA A+ and Server + required
- Must possess a valid driver's license and an appropriate driving record based on the position travel requirements.
- Certification and other OEM computer hardware certifications from major vendors such as Dell, IBM, HP, etc. are helpful
Bachelor's degree in related field (i.e. Computer Science, Engineering) or equivalent experience.
Must be able to travel to client sites up to 75% of the time within a predetermined territory radius (up to 4+ hours/one way by car).
Must be able to assume an on-call status position and respond based on service level agreements within assigned territory.
Must be able to maintain regular working hours assigned, if site specific assignment.
Field Service Engineers may be subject to post employment background checks, drug screens and/or other security measures, to gain access to customer sites.
Field Service Engineers could be subject to future screening of driving record as ability to drive in compliance with Federal and/or state law is an essential requirement of the position.
Join one of the fastest growing sectors of the IT universe.
Take part in our one-of-a-kind company culture!
One of the best benefits packages in the area!