Perform Intake Assessment interviews with individuals seeking mental health services, and complete the Comprehensive Psychosocial Assessment.
QUALIFICATION FOR POSITION:
- Masters Degree in a mental health discipline or a significantly related field and two years of experience assessing patients in mental health crisis.
- Maturity and sensitivity to the special needs of the mentally ill population
- Ability to assess needs of consumers.
- Good organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction supervision.
- Ability to write reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups or employees.
CORE COMPETENCIES :
· Possess the ability to document the services provided to customers and maintain medical records in accordance with established governing standards in a timely, legible, accurate and complete manner.
· Ability to provide crisis intervention/stabilization and aggressive behavior management to costumers in a safe, culturally sensitive and gender specific manner.
· Ability to recognizes, evaluates, gather collateral information and develop interventions to address risk factors related to potential for violence and dangerousness to self or others.
· Ability to perform Co-Occurring Clinical Assessments and interpret data to formulate a DSM V diagnosis.
· Maturity and sensitivity to the special needs of PPBH clients while possessing the knowledge of behavioral health and medical conditions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Perform Intake Assessment interviews with individuals seeking mental health services, and complete the Comprehensive Psychosocial Assessment.
· Facilitate client referrals to appropriate agency services based on the assessment results.
· Collaborate with clients being assessed in the development of treatment plan, goals and objectives.
· Explain to clients seeking services their rights as patients and agency policies, and obtain client signatures on required forms.
· Demonstrate competency in evaluating and documenting client lethality risk.
· Demonstrate familiarity with community resources and provide referrals.
· Complete all required assessment paperwork in a timely manner according to department policies and procedures.
· Keep current on State reporting requirements for child/elder abuse and neglect.
· Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of DSM-IV nomenclature.
· Perform other duties as directed by Supervisor.