Construction Project Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
General Statement of Duties
Reporting to the Chief of Housing and Community Development, the Construction Project Manager works closely with the Director of Modernization in planning, developing, and monitoring modernization, redevelopment, and development activities of the Bridgeport Housing Authority funded through the Hud Capital Fund Program, Development funds, Operating funds, and other funding sources available to the Housing Authority. Work includes inspecting Authority properties to determine the extent and estimated costs of necessary repairs or improvements, preparing technical specifications and/or bid documents, evaluating proposals from vendors and/or contractors, and monitoring work performed by contractors or PCC staff to ensure compliance with bid and plan documents, contract specifications, relevant codes and regulations, and project schedules and budgets.
Key Duties/Essential Job Functions
• Inspects Authority properties and recommends necessary modifications and repairs to insure safe, decent, economical, and efficient property management operations.
• Prepares scopes of work, specifications, cost analyses, independent cost estimates, bid packages, requests for proposals or qualifications, and invitations to bid.
• Conducts pre-bid walk throughs, reviews submitted bid for conformance with plans and specifications and evaluates responses for contract award.
• Prepares agendas and supporting documentation for all project kick-off and update meetings and records meeting minutes and maintains systems of record for project documentation.
• Inspects construction and modernization work that is underway at PCC properties, ensuring compliance with all bid and plan documents, contract specifications, and relevant codes and regulations. Prepares daily construction field reports, including maintaining records of job site conditions.
• Ensures that all required permits, licenses, and certificates of insurance are in place, and that necessary submittals by trades contractors are reviewed by project architects and/or consultants.
• Oversees compliance with all OSHA regulations at job sites. Interfaces with various Bridgeport City department or offices such as the Building Department, Zoning, Parks, and Recreation, Planning and Economic Development, Offices of Persons with Disabilities, and others.
• Compliance data, documents, and other materials requested by the PCC Executive Office, HUD representatives, and external auditors. Such documentation may include correspondence, memoranda, requests for information (RFIs), spreadsheet and databases, copies of submitted forms, plans, specifications and/or bid documents. Drafts correspondence and status reports to the BHA Board of Commissioners as requested.
• Reviews and ensures trades contractor compliance with Davis-Bacon wage rates, EEO and Section 3 regulations as required, and other relevant labor/wage requirements.
• Prepares punch lists of construction defects prior to application for final Certificate of Occupancy and performs follow-up inspections to ensure completion of punch list items. Signs off on recommendation for payment of project invoices after review.
• Represent the Authority’s interests in construction matters and to critically analyze a variety of contact claims, such as change orders and delay claims.
• Instruct in-house personnel in energy management techniques. Assist PCC service personnel with mechanical and service systems as required.
• Handle all claims under the Authority’s fire insurance policies.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Knowledge of and ability to write construction specifications.
• Knowledge of bidding procedures, sources of information on regional costs of labor and construction materials.
• Familiar with all phases of the construction project process, including site work, masonry, roofing and sliding systems, MEP, HVAC systems, carpentry work, and principles of green and sustainable construction.
• Must be familiar with Local, State and Federal rules regarding construction, modernization, and rehabilitation.
• Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Project or other project management software; must be able to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
Bachelor’s Degree in architecture, engineering, construction management, or a construction related field. Five years of demonstrated construction management related experience may be substituted for a college degree. A minimum of five additional years of experience in construction administration or supervision work
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
Typical office environment and able to attend meetings, trainings, and travel to BHA sites unaccompanied; also involves frequent visits to PCC construction project sites which may be dirty and/or cluttered with tools, materials, or construction debris. May require use of specialized protective equipment such as a hard hat, proper footwear, or a personal respirator.
Park City Communities
150 Highland AvenueBridgeport, CT
Get fresh Housing Inspection jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.