RN Phone Nurse
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Horizon Health – Paris Community Hospital is a 25-bed critical access hospital located in Paris, Illinois. We have been serving residents of Edgar County since 1968 though community education, emergency services, and outpatient care. As we continue to expand our services & locations, our community has grown far beyond Paris. Our rich history and strong community support pave the way for the future of healthcare as we serve you—our family, friends, and neighbors.
The RN has both administrative and clinical skills. Communicates with and assists in direct care of patients and families. Ensures timely flow of patients and assists the healthcare provider to provide optimal care to patients of all age groups.
Essential Functions (Responsibilities/Accountabilities):
- Schedules and monitors appointments appropriately
- Performs basic office duties and has ability to properly use office
- Applies computer concepts for office procedures. Computer skills adequate to
- do order entry and retrieve information.
- Maintains physical office environment and equipment.
- Inventories and requisitions supplies.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate with a variety of patients of all ages as
- well as the mentally and physically challenged patient.
- Communicates with interdisciplinary services regarding patient needs as
- Handles variety of telephone calls using triage to prioritize patient requests and
- phone call priorities.
- Knows and practices good customer service; demonstrates friendly and caring attitude toward patients and families.
- Good rapport with co-workers and medical providers. Works to create a pleasant work environment.
- Develop a relationship with nurses and provider so as to be viewed as an asset to the patient’s medical team.
- Prepares patients for exam by healthcare provider, assisting with exam as needed.
- Prepares and administers medications as directed by provider and documents appropriately.
- Assists in procedures and supportive preparatory and follow-up work for implants.
The responsibilities listed above are not all-inclusive; other activities may be required in support of the hospital’s goals and objectives.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Current Indiana license as RN
- Current CPR certification
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of nursing process and use of the same
- Good nursing practice skills
- Ability to perform complex and multiple tasks in a fast-paced, changing work
- environment subject to stress and interruption in an organized and timely fashion
Horizon Health is committed to caring not only for our patients, but for our staff as well. We offer you an extensive total compensation and benefits package. As an employee of Horizon Health, your benefits include a competitive salary, medical, dental and vision insurance, Employee 403(b), health savings account with Company match, as well as Vacation, Sick and Paid Holidays.
Intrigued? Don’t wait, apply today. We are actively reviewing applicants for the Phone Nurse. Be part of an organization that is dedicated to the growth and development of its colleagues. Here at Horizon Health, our employees speak for themselves. Join our family & begin an incredible career!