RADIOLOGY TECH CLINIC (EZ CARE CLINC)
The incumbent is capable of performing tests/exams in the area of X-ray.The Tech will assist with scheduling patients in the computer system and use good customer service to welcome patients and guests while obtaining correct and appropriate information. Assist in directing the flow of traffic and communicate effectively with all staff members.
· Completion of a formal radiologic technology training program in an approved school.
· Registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
· State of Illinois licensure through the Department of Nuclear Safety or IEMA.
· Current BLS certification
· Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
· Ability to demonstrate appropriate clinical skills
· Ability to perform complex and multiple tasks in a fast paced, changing work environment subject to stress and interruption in an organized and timely fashion
Essential Functions (Responsibilities/Accountabilities):
- Conducts requested X-rays in the Radiology department per the physician’s orders.
- Obtains patient’s clinical history before beginning any exam.
- Demonstrates competency in collimation, positioning and techniques.
- Evaluates films for technical quality before delivery to the radiologist.
- Monitors the film badge and follows up on exposure level results monthly.
- Inspires confidence from patients, visitors and families by performing an communication in a professional manner at all times.
- Respects the confidentiality of patient orders and records; uses discretion in discussion of patient health.
- Demonstrates concern for cleanliness and infection control by practicing universal controls.
- Receives patients and visitors in a friendly, timely fashion.
- Ascertains their needs and directs patients and visitors accordingly.
- Recognizes and honors the importance of patient confidentiality during all phases of patient registration and discharge
- Answers the telephone promptly, communicates appropriate information, and takes messages accurately.
- Directs patient and visitor traffic flow as is necessary.
- Has an understanding of physician scheduling needs and uses judgment in scheduling patients appropriately.
- Promotes a high standard of hospitality and positive public relations with all visitors and patients
- Documents appropriate charges for patient visits and collects monies owed.
- Applies computer concepts for office procedures. Computer skills adequate to do order entry and retrieve information.
- Maintains physical office environment and equipment. Reports equipment in need of repair.
- Inventories supplies and orders supplies.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate with a variety of patients of all ages as well as the mentally and physically challenged patient.
- Communicates with interdisciplinary services regarding patient needs as indicated.
- Handles variety of telephone calls using triage to prioritize patient requests and phone call priorities. Including notifying patients of test results.
- Knows and practices good customer service; demonstrates friendly and caring attitude toward patients and families.
- Good rapport with co-workers and medical providers. Works to create a pleasant work environment.
- Develop a relationship with nurses and physician so as to be viewed as an asset to the patient’s medical team.
- Prepares patients for exam by healthcare provider, assisting with exam as needed.
- Assisting with rooming patients including taking an accurate health history and obtaining basic vital signs
- Performing point-of-care testing.
The responsibilities listed above are not all-inclusive; other activities may be required in support of the hospital’s goals and objectives.
6. Arm Muscles
7. Leg Muscles
8. Back Muscles
10. Lifting □ less than 20 lbs. □ 20-30 lbs. □ 30-40 lbs.
□ 40-50 lbs. Tmore than 50 lbs.
11. Working in hot/cold/wet climates
12. Working outdoors
13. Working near/with chemicals
14. Working near radiation
15. Working near fumes
16. Working near hazardous waste materials
17. Operating machinery
18. Wearing protective clothing/equipment
Paris Community HospitalParis, IL
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.