NURSING CLINICAL COORDINATOR
- Posted: over a month ago
Horizon Health is a Critical Access, Rural Health Facility comprised of 25-inpatient beds located in Paris, IL & a multitude of outpatient clinic settings including Family Practice and Specialty Clinics in Paris and surrounding cities. We have been serving residents of Edgar County since 1968 though community education, emergency services, and outpatient care. As we continue to expand our services & locations, our community has grown far beyond Paris. Our rich history and strong community support pave the way for the future of healthcare as we serve you—our family, friends, and neighbors.
The Nursing Clinical Coordinator of Surgical Services will oversee and coordinate all activities consistent with safe and efficient care pre-operatively, intra-operatively and post-operatively adhering to all regulatory standards including those established by the Association of Perioperative Room Nurses (AORN) and the American Society of Anesthesia Nurses (ASPAN). This position will have direct daily interaction with all nursing and non-nursing staff in the Pre-anesthesia Clinic, Pre-operative, Intra-operative, Post-operative and Central Sterile Supply units and report directly to the Surgical Services manager. They will also work closely with Surgeons, Anesthesia providers and all other leadership in Surgical Services and the facility to ensure excellent patient care outcomes.
- Assists Surgical Services leadership team by facilitating the orientation onboarding for employees in accordance with hospital policy.
- Pursues own professional growth and development through obtaining/maintaining certifications.
- Maintains flexibility by filling in staffing gaps if needed in the work schedule.
- May be needed to assist with staffing needs (e.g. lunch relief or full assignment).
- Works with staff by coaching and managing performance skills to identify educational and equipment needs
- Identifies and reports any educational needs or visitor deficits to the Surgery Manager or Director.
- Assists departmental clinical quality initiatives
- Oversee departmental vendor verification program (e.g. verifies that visitors have proper credentials and follow department standards).
- Oversee departmental student verification program (working closely with the education department on protocol and policy).
- Enforces department policies, procedures, protocols, regulations, and standards.
- Accountable for all phases of staff development including recruitment, orientation, retention, competency, and professional growth.
- Coordinates with education staff with planning yearly ongoing educational activities and opportunities for staff members.
- Cross-train to provide Joint Camp education through the Pre-anesthesia Clinic
- Assists with and provides input to the director or manager for employee performance management plans.
- Coordinates and integrates training for staff within the department with any new service lines or equipment.
- Participates in appropriate hospital-wide committees
- Mentors students, volunteers, staff and physicians on clinical issues and serves as a positive example to employees, patients, families.
- Possesses a strong knowledge base of regulatory standards. Under the direction of department director, maintains a state of readiness in accordance with regulations and standards; takes appropriate actions to identify and correct gaps.
- Act as a patient advocate and maintains all patient information as confidential
- Promotes the mission and values of the organization
The responsibilities listed above are not all-inclusive; other activities may be required in support of the hospital’s goals and objectives.
- Required Graduate from an accredited school of nursing and current RN licensure in the state of Illinois.
- Required *ACLS/BLS and PALS-required within 6 months of employment
- Required 3-5 years of Surgical experience in the Operating Room
- Preferred experience as an outpatient or recovery room nurse
- Preferred perioperative precepting experience
- Preferred ASPAN and/or CNOR Certification
Horizon Health is committed to caring not only for our patients, but for our staff as well. We offer you an extensive total compensation and benefits package. As an employee of Horizon Health, your benefits include a competitive salary, medical, dental and vision insurance, Employee 403(b), health savings account with Company match, as well as Vacation, Sick and Paid Holidays.
Intrigued? Don’t wait, apply today. We are actively reviewing applicants for Clinical Coordinator Surgical Services Role. Be part of an organization that is dedicated to the growth and development of its colleagues. Here at Horizon Health, our employees speak for themselves. Join our family & begin an incredible career!
Paris Community Hospital
HealthcareView all jobs at Paris Community Hospital
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?