Assistant General Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Reports to: General Manager
With a projected 1,000 cafes in the United States by 2030, Paris Baguette is one of the fastest-growing neighborhood bakery cafés in the world. Our vision is to reestablish the neighborhood bakery café as the heart of the community around the world. Paris Baguette’s mission is to bring expertly crafted baked and brewed goods through a warm and welcoming bakery café experience that delivers joy to everyone.
If you are someone who has heart, wants to spread joy, nourish community and is ready to rise to the occasion, we are looking for you to join our growing team!
WHAT WE ARE HUNGRY FOR
As the Assistant General Manager you will support the General Manager and help administer training. As Assistant General Manager you will support HR functions of the stores by helping with hiring, getting new packets ready for new hires, etc. Along with helping with the general duties of keeping Paris Baguette clean and running, can administer different tasks and duties to crew members. Overall they will contribute to maintaining excellent service, quality of products, and creating a high sales performance.
KNOWLEDGE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support/Gathering information to develop store operation plans
- Help administer new product launching, promotions and seasonal events.
- Order merchandise and ingredients.
- Monthly inventory count through Excel.
- Collect feedback for identifying local community and customer needs.
- Learn and understand all company policies and provide suitable advice to employees.
- Support manager to deliver any company wide communication to all employees.
- Utilize WebPOS for measuring store revenue and operating performance, e.g. automated programs for work schedule, monthly performance report, quarterly business report, cash and product management program.
Support Store Operation
- Manage POS and credit card system during operating business hours.
- Main contact for catering and special orders.
- Daily inventory count.
- Help manage deliveries and inventory.
- Support simple repairs in the store such as equipment and furniture.
- General substitute for Manager.
- Regularly inspect store to assure standards are maintained at all times.
- Employee training: ensuring all employees are providing excellent customer service, being able to coach employees in a positive manner to improve.
- Job delegation, enforcing duties as assigned.
- Creating employee work schedule for final review by General Manager.
- Issuing refunds for customers.
- Initial claim issues, being able to report it to the right department.
- Monitor, report, and take action on any incidents that occur.
- Quality Control, Health Inspection, Inspection Checklist
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE
- Minimum High School Diploma/GED or Some College
- 2-4 year of food handling experience.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills and verbal and written communication skill
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Time management, ability to prioritize.
- Proficient on Point of Sale systems, currently Toast. Understand the importance of cash handling and accuracy of transactions.
- Flexible, adaptive, upbeat, open and visible management style, with a successful record of accomplishment of managing senior operations leaders across a large geographically decentralized portfolio.
- Passion for people! Dynamic and engaged leader who has a passion for empowering, inspiring, motivating & developing team members.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills with the ability to effectively balance priorities and deliver results in a fast-paced, ever-changing, and highly entrepreneurial environment.
- Feedback is a gift! Ability to provide construction feedback and recognition to every member of the organization, to ensure we have an open and transparent culture of high performance standards.
- High emotional intelligence with the ability to work with, and manage diverse teams by being highly empathetic, intuitive, self-motivated and driven.
- Teams Win! Has to be a team player who fosters a collaborative and engaged teamwork environment.
- Being a Brand Ambassador, with an excellent knowledge of and commitment to Paris Baguette’s Mission, Vision, Brand Values and Culture.
- Flexible work schedule
- Competitive compensation
- Discounted meals during your shift
- Free Cake for your Birthday
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
Paris Baguette - Encino
AddressLos Angeles, CA
Get fresh General Assistant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.