Office/Teacher Assistant & Personal Care Attendant
- Posted: over a month ago
The individual in this role will split their time between three distinct roles, including front desk support, assisting the culinary training program, and providing personal care assistance to Paraquad staff requiring accommodations.
- Greet visitors entering the building, determine the purpose of the visit, and contact the appropriate staff.
- Maintain daily record and monitor visitor access, including participants, volunteers, vendors, and maintenance workers as they enter and exit building.
- Maintain security awareness; monitor security cameras and notify security of an incidents.
- Answer phone calls in a timely manner and direct to the appropriate staff member and or tenant.
- Provide administrative and clerical support to Human Resources and Paraquad staff, including retrieving and sending faxes, operating copier and postage machines, and assisting with filing.
- Sort, distribute, and track incoming mail, accept/sign for package deliveries.
- Coordinate and maintain room reservations for Paraquad staff and tenants within the building.
- Disperse attendant paychecks and assist with printing paycheck stubs.
- Track donations coming in by mail.
- Disperse COVID supplies and monitor participants and visitors to ensure safe and healthy environment.
- Make timely reports to supervisor on all non-routine events concerning any aspect of the front desk.
Culinary Training Program
- Assist classroom teacher in performing specific duties as assigned or undertaking specialized tasks to achieve and enhance instructional and behavioral objectives.
- Work with individuals and groups to provide 1:1 training; assist students with special projects and assignments.
- Assist with behavior modification as assigned by teacher.
- Life, move, and operate adaptive equipment, as well as demonstrate equipment.
- Occasionally fill in for teacher using curriculum guide.
- Maintain cleanliness of facilities.
- Report student concerns directly and expeditiously to teacher.
- Maintain various records and files.
- Assist students with mobility needs such as lifting and positioning; lifting in and out of wheelchairs.
Personal Care Assistant
- Provide personal care assistance and lunch prep for Paraquad staff requiring accommodations.
- Provide personal care assistance for Paraquad participants when necessary.
- Protect participant's rights to privacy and confidentiality in all forms of communication.
- Attend and participate in all required trainings and meetings every fiscal year.
- Understanding of and commitment to the independent living philosophy.
- Attention to Detail
- Time Management
- Team Player
- Excellent Verbal Communication
- Customer Service
- Pleasant Attitude
- Able to lift 50 pounds
Education and Training:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Valid CNA License.
- The successful candidate will be required to complete and maintain Paraquad's food handler certification.
- One year of related work experience.
- Previous experience working with people with disabilities preferred.
AddressSaint Louis, MO
HousekeepingView all jobs at Paraquad, Inc.