Desktop Support Engineer Level I - Irvine
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Desktop Support Engineer, Level 1
Location: Aliso Viejo, California
Who we are:
Founded in 1991, Paranet Solutions, LLC has designed and supported a vast array of complex IT environments. Paranet’s executive leadership and owners consist of former executives that have led complex, rapidly growing businesses. We are not owned by a fund that must sell the business in a few years. We are here for the long haul, and we intend to build an industry leading provider of managed IT and cybersecurity services built on the foundation of exceptional customer service.
What we do:
Paranet provides enterprise level IT support for complex companies. We use state of the art tools and technology to ensure our clients’ mission-critical systems can run 24/7/365 across multiple sites. We design each client’s security program to provide protection from rapidly evolving threats. Paranet is based in Dallas but serves clients nationwide.
We are looking for a Desktop Support Engineer to provide both onsite and remote technical assistance to our customer in Aliso Viejo and surrounding areas. You will install, upgrade, and troubleshoot hardware and software systems.
If you’re computer-savvy and enjoy supporting end users, we’d like to meet you. To succeed in this role, you should have a problem-solving attitude along with the ability to give clear technical instructions. You should also be familiar with remote troubleshooting techniques.
Ultimately, you will ensure prompt and accurate customer service and increase client satisfaction.
What you’ll do:
- Address user tickets regarding hardware, software, and networking.
- Organize tickets based on priority.
- Deliver and deploy computers, software, and peripherals for users.
- Ask targeted questions to diagnose problems.
- Guide users with simple, step-by-step instructions.
- Conduct remote troubleshooting as needed.
- Test alternative pathways until you resolve an issue.
- Customize desktop applications to meet user needs.
- Record technical issues and solutions in the Paranet ticketing system.
- Escalate unresolved issues to Senior Engineers in a timely manner.
- Follow up with clients to ensure their systems are functional.
- Report customer feedback and product requests.
- Help create technical documentation and manuals.
- Proven work experience as a Desktop Support Engineer, Technical Support Engineer or similar role working with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments.
- Technician's oversee running servers, switches, routers, monitors, and computer networking.
- Perform tests to identify and fix errors in computer networks including LAN and WAN is a key component of their work.
- Knowledge of network security practices and anti-virus programs office automation products and computer peripherals, like printers and scanners.
- Ability to explain complicated technical process in a simple to way to non-technical staff is a requirement for successful technicians.
- Get it done, white glove customer service, being coachable.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience preferred
What we offer:
- Health Insurance
- 401(k) option
- PTO and sick leave
- Opportunity for growth
Get fresh Part Time Desktop Support Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.