Provides individual and group counseling services to assist individuals in achieving more effective personal, social, educational, and vocational development and adjustment.
- Identifies psychological, emotional, or behavioral issues.
- Diagnoses disorders, using information obtained from interviews, tests, records, and reference materials.
- Counsels individuals and groups regarding problems, such as stress, substance abuse, and family situations.
- Helps to modify behavior or to improve personal, social, and vocational adjustment.
- Discusses the treatment of problems with clients.
- Writes reports on clients and maintains required paperwork.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of counseling and the accuracy and completeness of diagnoses.
- Develops and implements individual treatment plans.
- Observes individuals to detect indications of mental deficiency, abnormal behavior, or maladjustment.
- Directs, coordinates, and evaluates activities of staff and interns engaged in patient assessment and treatment.
Education: Master's degree
Experience: 3-5 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Licenses/Certifications: LPC, LCSW
- Credentialed with MCO's