Parallel Franklin, MA
- Posted: over a month ago
Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that's what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person's individuality, because there's power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That's why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there's no limit to what we can achieve.
Parallel is seeking a highly motivated, collaborative, and technically oriented Process Scientist to join our R&D team. The successful candidate will support the development and manufacture of a broad pipeline of novel cannabinoid ingredients and products. S/he will be responsible for chemistry, purification, and characterization projects, contributing to both the scientific and engineering aspects of product development. The role is primarily lab-based.
Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Goodblend). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Develop subject matter expertise in cannabinoid chemistry, purification, and testing.
- Perform experiments to determine the impact of process parameters on quality attributes.
- Maintain excellent technical records; prepare technical reports and presentations that guide process improvements.
- Generate high quality documentation to support regulatory applications, patent filings and scientific publications.
- Collaborate across functional areas, including R&D, Quality and Manufacturing.
- BS/MS in Organic/Synthetic Chemistry, or similar discipline.
- 2+ years of relevant industry experience, e.g., in pharma/biotech is a plus.
- Hands-on experience in process chemistry and purification technologies, such as extraction, filtration, distillation, crystallization, and chromatography preferred.
- Hands-on experience with analytical technology platforms, such as HPLC, GC and MS preferred.
- Can-do attitude: strong operational execution, problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to learn and act on dynamic information in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in maintaining accurate lab notebooks.
- Experience in design and execution of experiments, data analysis and interpretation.
- Experience in Design of Experiments (DoE) is a plus.
- Ability to complete projects both independently and in team settings.
- Experience in process scale up preferred.
- Experience in transferring processes from Development to Manufacturing is a plus.
- Experience in authoring technical development reports and regulatory documents preferred.
- Experience in bringing new products to the market preferred.
- Experience in a GxP setting, GLP/cGMP documentation preferred.
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn't fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the "traditional" solution isn't the best one
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with a possible company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
- Employee discount
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Ability to travel to different US locations.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery.
- Frequently communicates with other employees/customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.