Processing Technician I - PM Extraction
Parallel Wimauma, FL
- Posted: over a month ago
Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that's what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person's individuality, because there's power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That's why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there's no limit to what we can achieve.
Parallel is looking for a detail-oriented Laboratory Technician I for our manufacturing team. Responsibilities of the Laboratory Technician I will include inventory tracking/logging, extracting and refining cannabis goods through operation of various machines, and data analysis of production processes.
The Laboratory Technician I will fear no barrier in the pursuit of ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations, enforcing quality standards, reporting production issues, being a strong teammate, and effectively producing products for the manufacturing team.
Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Goodblend). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Implement established best practices for manufacturing therapeutic cannabis-based products.
- Responsible for daily duties related to the manufacturing process of cannabis-based products.
- Enforces and complies with safety procedures and consults with department management about safety issues that may arise.
- Cannabis extracting & refinement.
- Daily cleaning of production equipment and production work areas
- Fill out and review daily laboratory paperwork while correcting/reporting errors in a timely manner.
- Responsible for physical cannabis products and data inventory counts.
- Keeping open and fluid communication with the management and maintenance teams in case there are machine issues.
- Assist in recommendations for scalable procedures as company grows.
- Train and monitor new and current lab staff as needed for cross training.
- Evaluate laboratory documentation and suggests improvements as need.
- Work assisting the pre-rolls teams / packaging teams / extraction & distillations teams / refinement / etc. when you have down time.
- Work with both manufacturing and packaging equipment.
- Familiarity with quality control, policy and procedure and documentation.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees and various levels of management. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Ability to multitask and be aware of multiple active processes.
- Ability to work as part of a team with cohesive aspects.
- Minimum A.A., B.A./B.S. (Preferred)
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn't fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the "traditional" solution isn't the best one
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with a possible company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
- Employee discount
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- Constantly operates a computer and manufacturing equipment.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks for long periods of time (bending, lifting, pouring, typing)
- Must be able to lift to 50lbs.
- Hand and eye coordination.
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Parallel