Marketing Manager (Surterra Texas)
Parallel Austin, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Parallel is one of the largest privately held, vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis companies in the world with a mission to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life through cannabinoids. Parallel owns and operates retail dispensaries in four medical and adult-use markets: Surterra Wellness in Florida and Texas; New England Treatment Access (NETA) in Massachusetts, and The Apothecary Shoppe in Nevada. The Company has a diverse portfolio of high quality, proprietary and licensed consumer brands and products including Surterra Wellness, Coral Reefer, and Float. Parallel operates approximately 50 retail stores nationwide, with a series of cultivation and manufacturing sites across the four states. The Company conducts advanced cannabis science through Molecular Infusions (Mi), a cannabis-based biopharmaceutical company, and conducts R&D for new product development in its facilities in Texas, Massachusetts, Florida, and Budapest, Hungary. Parallel follows rigorous operations and business practices to ensure the quality, safety, consistency and efficacy of its products and is building its business by following strong values and putting the well-being of its customers and employees first. For more information: www.liveParallel.com.Summary of Position
Surterra Texas is looking for a motivated, experienced Marketing Manager to help build an industry-leading medical cannabis marketing program to drive patient awareness, patient adoption, and healthcare provider education across the state of Texas. Candidates should be passionate about the benefits of medical cannabis for patients across Texas and have a singular focus on translating consumer insights into marketing strategies.
In the cannabis industry, rules, regulations, perceptions, and competition can change daily. We are looking for someone who can self-start, manage projects, uncover new opportunities, and demonstrate fast, flexible, and outstanding marketing work. Candidates should be comfortable and able to work remotely. This role will be based in the Greater South Austin area but will occasionally require travel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- With an entrepreneurial, startup mentality, create, manage, and execute innovative and successful marketing strategies and programs while collaborating with creative content, brand, and senior leadership teams
- Develop creative content, marketing collateral, and programmatic ad campaigns to drive patient awareness and physician education
- Coordinate with internal teams—including marketing, communications, products, provider advocacy, government affairs, legal, and compliance—and external marketing consultants to achieve Surterra Texas marketing and sales goals
- As needed, "roll up your sleeves" and perform graphic design work, website edits, social media engagement, and content development
- Understand key traffic drivers in the market and gain opportunities for exposure
- Track competition within the market and provide competitive reports in an organized fashion on a routine basis
- Be an expert in the nuances of the Texas market and provide thought leadership to optimize brand, dales, and marketing strategies for winning in the Texas market and helping as many Texas patients as possible
- Constantly gather and synthesize consumer feedback within the market and develop improvement recommendations and plans to meet consumer needs
- Work with consumer insights team to review current market research, identify effective promotional methods, and source potential media buys for review
- Manage any state-level media or ad buy vendor relationships
- Manage the state-level marketing plans and budget
- Manage master marketing calendar for the market (primarily campaigns and product or brand launches) across all brands
- Propose and execute opportunities for brand and retail engagement in the community
- Execute strategies provided by the corporate D2C, brand, and sales teams and bring them to life through appropriate opportunities, driving business within the state
- Identify state level partnerships and affiliations for brand team and D2C team review
- Ensure compliance, in coordination with compliance team, of marketing efforts within the state's regulations
- Work with regional sales and operations team to ensure successful execution of marketing efforts
- Provide input to demand planning process by understanding sales velocity and market data
- Prepare monthly market business reports for ELT review (summary of marketing activities tied to sales data, plus an analysis demonstrating ROI)
Qualifications and Skills:
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High school education or equivalent (Required)
- Bachelor's degree (Required)
- College courses of in business, marketing, or operations management (Preferred)
- 5 to 7 years of relevant Marketing and Product work experience (Preferred)
- Agency Supplier and Third-Party Vendor Management (Preferred)
- Demonstrated successes in Marketing program development and execution, in Texas
- Superior writing and presentation skills
- Ability to work with creative teams, content developers, and advertising agencies
- Keen eye for detail and ability to expertly proofread written content
- Demonstrated experience in graphics design, digital marketing channels, direct mail, print and electronic advertising
- Must be able to manage many moving parts and details at once
- Experience representing corporations at promotional events
- Organizational and time management skills. Complete work within established time frames
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects and competing work demands. Ability to see the "big picture" while managing several small projects
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Excellent verbal communication skills, confidence in presenting to senior leadership
- Work experience in Texas marketing, healthcare, and/or consumer goods
- In-depth experience working with visual designers, industrial designers, product vendors and other creative roles
- Experience with video content, from creative development to production agency oversight
- Ability to pass a background check, including drug testing, to be registered as an employee of a licensed organization in the Texas Compassionate Use Program
- Comfort with security protocols, including video monitoring and employee tracking
- Frequently communicates with other employees and customers, and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position up to 75% of the time.
- Must be able to constantly operate a computer and other office productivity equipment.
- Must be able to lift 20-50 pounds as needed.
- Must be able to move safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces.
- Must be able to perform various physical activities, including lifting, standing, and squatting.
- Must be able to work in extreme weather.
- Must be able to wear personal protective gear either from time-to-time or on a full-time basis.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Our values are how we will realize our vision and mission
Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility