Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that's what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person's individuality, because there's power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. So, bring yourself and your best ideas. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Because when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there's no limit to what we can achieve.
Parallel is one of the largest privately held, vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating dispensaries in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, facing unique challenges and constantly challenging ourselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, we lean on each other, and we are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision… pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
The Data Architect will develop and maintain data models as well data warehousing and strategy to drive operations planning, execution, and insights. This role will lead designing data models for cross functional use in the rapidly growing consumer goods industry. The position requires detailed documentation of all requirements specifications, design, testing/QA cases, user permission level management, and deployment.
A successful candidate will demonstrate strong communication and analytical skills by creating plans and timelines for model delivery, defining maintenance and upgrade windows, and forming strong business relationships to drive the direction of data environments that fully utilize capabilities of insights.WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Evaluating current data architecture and databases relative to how they drive business operations
- Planning end-to-end modeling for data consumption and analysis
- Coding new data architecture while integrating existing databases
- Using ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) best practices to create new databases
- Researching and identifying new data acquisition methods
- Monitoring databases; reporting in effectiveness and accuracy, updating as required
- Maintaining data storage and security compliance documents
- Maintaining database security; creating standards to ensure system safety
- Developing and preserving an all-encompassing data architecture artifact repository
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
- 5-7 years' experience working with a wide variety of data sets to drive Enterprise-level reporting and decision making
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Information Systems, Engineering or equivalent, relevant work experience
- Prior experience of developing enterprise master data models
- Extensive AWS environment knowledge
- Extensive knowledge of data warehousing, relational database design, and ETL
- RDMSs (Relational Database Management Systems) or foundational database skills are required
- Strong data analysis experience with complex ERP systems
- Solid knowledge of applicable data privacy laws and best practices
- Prior working experience in manufacturing and/or consumer good is preferred
- Extensive technical knowledge of current hardware, protocols, and internet standards
- Excellent hardware troubleshooting experience
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn't fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the "traditional" solution isn't the best one
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
- Employee discount
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery
- Frequently communicates with other employees/customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.