- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that's what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person's individuality, because there's power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That's why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there's no limit to what we can achieve.
The Cultivation Lead will consistently perform various tasks in the cultivation process with a focus on flower (Care and propagation of medical cannabis mother plants to ensure they are healthy), R&D (New method, product, and equipment development as well as design, analytical validation, and scale up for development and production of cannabis), IPM and fertigation (Delivery of dissolved fertilizers through irrigation system).
This role is with goodblend, one of the renowned retail brands under the Parallel umbrella. Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (goodblend) and Texas (goodblend). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Coordinate watering and fertigation schedules and ensure done accurately and according to a clear strategy to enable maximize product quality and yields.
- Maintain the automated dosing systems to achieve high-quality production including implementing electronic water flow monitoring, timer based and/or radio valve controls.
- Develop and maintain accurate electronic record-keeping, and Manage irrigation stations, suggest improvements to infrastructure, and lead implementation.
- Ensure propagation area and work tools are clean and sanitized.
- Monitor the seed inventory, plant seeds, and propagates seedlings into mothers; Operate and maintain a clone and mother production schedule; and Maintain healthy mother stock for propagation.
- Ensure mother stock room has optimal climate, proper spacing, air circulation and sun/shade exposure.
- Close data tracking on clone success and overall health.
- Maintain working knowledge of plant diseases, insects, fungi, and treatment options for pests and pathogens.
- Monitor the disposal of plant waste.
- Method development for increased production of cannabinoids and other cannabis-based compounds.
- Assist in the scale-up from development to production quantities.
- Assist in the development of new nutrient formulations and superior cultivation technologies.
- Assist in manufacturing instructions and scale up test/trials into mainstream production.
- Assist performing method validations for new products, methods, and equipment.
- Perform routine calibration and maintenance of equipment and daily quality control testing.
- Design and implement plant production studies, product quality and stability evaluation experiments.
- Participate in inventory activities.
- Coach and develop Technicians.
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
- Pesticide Applicator Certification
- Minimum of 6 months experience in commercial cultivation, agriculture or other related field
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to focus, be task oriented and manage stress
- Proficient with measurements
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to complete, and accurately communicate, data sheets
- One (1) year cannabis experience
- One (1) year professional landscape, nursery or growing operations
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn't fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the "traditional" solution isn't the best one
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with possibility of a company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Personal growth; industry-leading leadership and professional development offerings
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Belonging and voice; employee resource groups, product advisory councils, monthly opportunities to share feedback and discuss your employee experience
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism through our Parallel Cares program
- Equity opportunity; ability to share in both the short-term and the long-term financial success of Parallel
- Employee discount
- Ability to sit, stand, and walk for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to bend at the waist, kneel, crouch in order to access equipment
- Ability to lift and carry up to 60lbs
- Close visual acuity needed for viewing screens and fine print
- Exposure to bright light where eye protection is required
- Exposure to organic nutrients and cleaning chemicals that require use of gloves
- Exposure to cannabis odor
- Exposure to skin contact with plants, to which some individuals may be allergic
- Exposure to moderate heat and humidity
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
RetailView all jobs at Parallel
Get fresh Cultivation Assistant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.