Parallel Education Division is hiring Substitute Teachers for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year. We specialize in providing Substitute Teachers to Public, Private and Charter schools and are currently partners with over 500 schools across the nation. All degree fields and careers are welcome, including retirees. Whether you are interested in pursuing teaching or are interested in employment with flexible hours, we would enjoy speaking with you.
Flexible scheduling is available with full-time or part-time hours. You create your own schedule!
Job Description & Responsibilities:
The role and responsibility of the Substitute Teacher includes carrying out necessary daily tasks and responsibilities in place of the Teacher whose absence is being substituted.
- Reviewing and implementing lessons prepared by the absent teacher including regular routines and procedures
- Possessing strong classroom management skills
- Mentoring and engaging students
- Demonstrating a passion for working with students
- Creating a safe and nurturing educational learning environment
- Maintaining a positive, friendly, and respectful demeanor at all times
- Establishing positive relationships with Parallel staff as well as school administrators, teachers, families and students
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution of higher education or show completion of 60 semester hours of coursework.
- Classroom experience preferred but not required
- Tuberculosis Skin Test with negative results
- Criminal History Background Screening
- Drug screening with negative results
- Excellent Communication Skills
- IL Substitute Teaching Certificate/Short Term Sub License (can be obtained after applying)
Take advantage of Substitute Teaching as a stepping stone to further your career! Many of our schools offer direct hire for full-time permanent placement teaching positions. Choose from hundreds of open jobs 24/7 using our online system or utilize our live dispatch center operating under extended business hours.
- Benefits offered for eligible employees
- Weekly electronic pay
- Referral bonuses
Don’t have a Substitute Permit? NO PROBLEM! Our local representatives are here to guide you.
As a Substitute with Parallel Education Division, you will enjoy meaningful work with a dynamic company that strives towards excellence in education and learning. We look forward to having you join our team!
Parallel Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Parallel is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Parallel are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, family or parental status, or any other status protected by federal/state laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Parallel will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
To describe the team at Parallel Education, you can use one word, Passion. Parallel has a passion for people, businesses and communities. Our passion is what drives us to succeed. Parallel Education truly understands the need for a Certified Educator inside of a classroom. We work in tandem with our partnering schools to develop customized solutions that cater to each one of their needs. Whether it is a short-term Substitute Teacher or a Direct Hire position, Parallel can fill that absence.
Parallel Education is built on a foundation of INTEGRITY. We, along with our partnering schools, hold integrity as the number one criteria for doing business. This is what guides Parallel to make the right choices for our schools and our employees.
Parallel Education utilizes a team approach with our partnering schools, WORKING WITH YOU to create a culture that is not just functional but committed. We develop a customized program that is tailored to each schools individual needs. This results in unparalleled teamwork that produces a quality substitute pool, leading to a fulfilling partnership.