Full Charge GovCon Accountant (Part-Time - Remote)
- Posted: over a month ago
Small federal contractor is looking for a GovCon accountant. This part-time position will support all corporate accounting requirements. Duties will include timesheet analysis and time submission to primes, employee expense processing, preparing monthly employee benefit reconciliations, updating financial statements, maintaining accounts receivable and payable, and payment application and reconciliation. Perform general account analysis and reconciliations, including deposits/bank statements. This position will also track and document contract modifications.
If you represent an accounting firm please do not respond. Your application will not be considered.
This is an ideal position for someone to re-enter the workforce on a part-time basis or for someone to slow down from full-time to part-time. At the current time this is not envisioned to be a full-time position.
- Full cycle accounting (transaction level AR/AP/expense report processing and monthly balance sheet account/bank/credit card reconciliations to presenting financials at monthly finance meeting).
- Semi-monthly payroll processing.
- Semi-monthly 401K contribution submission.
- Submit quarterly and annual filings following contract award and local payroll tax requirements.
- File annual property tax returns.
- Compile 1099s annually.
- Coordinate and manage annual external CPA financial review.
- Onboard new employees related to payroll and timekeeping.
- Assist with annual health benefit renewal process.
- Routine monitoring of 401K plan.
- Create budgets and cashflow projections.
- Update contract tracker with additions, changes, and expiration of awards.
- Maintain paperless filing system via MS SharePoint.
- Implement and document financial policies and procedures.
- Support strategic and annual planning and participate in a wide range of special projects as required.
Experience and skills:
- Required: BS degree in accounting, or related field. Five years of accounting experience including experience processing payroll. QuickBooks experience. Intermediate Excel experience. Ability to multitask and organize competing priorities. High level of comfort of knowledge working with and learning new computer systems. A sense of humor and ability to work collaboratively in a remote team environment.
- Preferred CPA license: Government contract accounting knowledge. Familiarity with timekeeping software.
- Preferred Benefits: Competitive hourly rate; flexible schedule; 401K plan.
About Paragone Solutions, Inc. is a boutique provider of services to the Department of Defense. We are process-oriented (i.e. ISO 9001 certified) services company that provides cybersecurity, IT training, and industrial health/occupational safety support services. Founded in 2008, we are a certified woman-owned small business and a SBA certified 8(a) firm. Paragone offers competitive salaries and a relaxed, life-friendly work environment.
Powered by JazzHR
Paragone Solutions, Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?