Take the next step in your career with a premier structural design and forensic engineering firm in Plano, TX (suburb of Dallas) that provides the personal atmosphere of a small company as well as the benefits of a large company. Paragon offers a unique opportunity for an entry-level graduate engineer to perform structural engineering design services and conduct forensic investigations. The diverse nature of Paragon's services affords engineers a mix of office and field work environments. Paragon also advocates project management by graduate engineers from the early stages of their development and encourages effective communication with clients, architects, geotechnical engineers, and contractors.
Train with Professional Engineers to perform the analysis and engineering of:
- large, custom single-family residences
- multi-family apartment/condominium complexes
- low-rise commercial facilities
- ancillary structures (retaining walls, screen walls, and swimming pools)
Utilizing a variety of building materials including:
- dimensional lumber
- engineered wood products
- rolled steel
- light-gauge steel
- cast-in-place concrete
Design projects will include the following types of structural systems:
- conventional/post-tensioned ground-supported foundations
- conventional/post-tensioned elevated foundations,
- pier-and-beam elevated foundations
- wood/steel/CMU superstructures
- masonry/concrete/CMU ground-supported or elevated retaining walls
- mechanically stabilized earth retaining walls
- ground-supported or elevated screen walls
- ground-supported or elevated pools.
Train with Professional Engineers to perform investigations concerning:
- soil-structure interaction assessments relating to design, construction, historic/current site effects, and moisture source influences
- structural system assessments relating to current or latent design and construction issues
- building envelope assessments relating to roof coverings, veneers, flashing, and weather resistive barriers
- determination of cause, origin, and extent of peril damage relating to hurricane damage, tornado damage, lightning strikes, earthquakes, explosions, fire damage, and vehicle-structure collisions
- BS. in Structural/Architectural/Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited university.
- Coursework/design experience in concrete, steel, masonry, and/or timber.
- E.I.T. certification or the ability to obtain within six months.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD.
Paragon's small-company atmosphere fosters mentoring of graduate engineers by a staff of four readily-available licensed professional engineers as well as fellow graduate engineers. The variety and complexity of Paragon's projects have proven to afford sufficient breadth and depth of structural engineering experience for preparation for the NCEES Principles and Practice of Engineering Examination and subsequent licensure as a professional engineer in the state of Texas.
Paragon offers a competitive salary along with many great benefits:
- Health insurance package including:
- medical insurance - company pays 60% for you and your dependents
- vision, dental, and cancer insurance – company pays 100% for you and 60% for your dependents
- life insurance, short term and long-term disability – company pays 100% for you
- Time Off - Total of 30 days per year: 15 days PTO, 13 paid holidays, and 2 paid volunteer days accrued per calendar year
- 401K – you are eligible after one year of service; includes 100% matching contribution of the first 4% with no vesting period
- Cell-phone – up to $50 each month reimbursed towards use of your phone
- Wellness – up to $75 each month reimbursed towards a gym membership, exercise class, or personal trainer
- Night out – up to $50 each month reimbursed towards dinner and entertainment
- Team building:
- Events - 2 recreational and 2 work related events each year
- Lunch or breakfast – provided by the company 12 times per year
- Student debt assistance – up to $100 per month, up to 6 years, for job related degrees
- Continuing education :
- webinars, seminars, and classes
- college coursework
- Snacks and drinks – unlimited during your work day
Will reimburse candidate for relocation expenses.
Work will be performed in both the office and field with both day and overnight travel, as required.
Physical Demand and Work Environment:
The physical demands described herein are representative of those which must be met by a candidate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this role, the candidate is regularly required to sit, reach, bend, and move about the facility. The facility is a normal office environment with variation of temperature and lighting. While performing the field duties of this role, the candidate is regularly required to spend extended periods of time operating and/or riding in an automobile, to enter and move about and around the perimeter of multi-story buildings and ancillary structures (i.e. retaining walls, screen walls, pools, etc.), to climb onto and move about first and second story roofs, to enter and move about first and second story attics, to enter and move about pier-and-beam crawlspaces, to ascend/descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, etc., and will frequently require the candidate to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Field conditions will vary.