Veterans Vocational Training - Welder
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
New Vision Educational Development an 5013c non -profit, works on a bipartisan basis to advance higher education success for veterans, service members, and military families, and to protect the integrity and promise of the GI Bill® and other federal post secondary education programs.
#veteransaffairs #veterans #veteransday #veteranstrong #GIBILL #GIbillinuse #gibillstudent
Do you want to avoid getting stuck at a desk job?
How would you like to become a full-time Welder?
Before we go any further, you should know... this is THE dream job. Youll get paid to learn, and once you graduate, well get you hired full-time. You wont be sitting behind some computer screen- youll be out in the real world, making a big difference in your community. Get ready for the best decision youve ever made!
As an Apprentice:
- You’ll participate in classes and labs. When you join as an Apprentice, you’ll have some time in the classroom, some time in our state-of-the-art lab,
- You’ll go from no WELDER experience to WELDER pro! Our trainees come from all kinds of backgrounds. Your background is part of who you are today, but it doesn’t have to dictate who you’re going to be tomorrow. If you want to be an Welder, put in the effort and we can help you become one of the best!
- You’ll graduate and become a full-time Welder.
- You’ll make good money. Many of our Technicians graduates are now making more than $140k a year.
Some highlights about this career opportunity:
- You’ll train for about 6 weeks with some of the best teachers and equipment around, and when you pass the class, you’ll be a Certified Welder! Oh, and did we mention? It’s paid training!
- No experience necessary!
All About YOU
You’re not afraid of things. Spiders, snakes, dirt, tight spaces, heights… These are just some of the challenges our technicians face! This isn’t for the faint of heart.
You’re competitive. You want a career with endless achievement opportunities. You set your bar high, and you put your all into every project you do. There’s so much room for growth here—you’re going to love it!
You’re good with your hands. You wouldn’t be happy at a desk all the time. You need a job that lets you play with tools and interesting equipment! You want a career that involves puzzles and problem-solving.
You’re good at making friends. You’ve never met a stranger you couldn’t talk to! You love talking to and getting to know new people, and nothing makes you happier than making someone’s day.
The people at Morris-Jenkins are so happy here, they also voted us for the Charlotte Observer’s “Top Workplace” award in 2016, 2018, 2019, and 2020! We have HUGE company breakfasts, fiestas, contests, and more!
Ready to see what you can accomplish? What are you waiting for! Seats fill up fast, and you dont want to miss out on the opportunity of a lifetime.
There’s an empty space in our next class, starting soon - is it yours?
Thinking about applying but still on the fence? We get it! Thats why we interviewed several of our past graduates who wanted to tell you about their experiences. Check it out here!
This is the stuff HR needs you to know:
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Basic mechanical or electrical skills
- A friendly personality and helpful, positive attitude to provide a top-notch customer experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test
- Must pass an extensive criminal background check
- Must have an insurable driving record & valid driver license
- Able to meet Physical Demands and tolerate Work Environment ***See Below***
- Must be able to fluently speak, read, & write in the English language
Mental Demands: Must be able to perceive and distinguish emotions, as well as deal with adversarial confrontations. Requires an ability to concentrate and prioritize multiple tasks at once. Conscious attention to detail is required to safely perform tasks.
Work Environment: Frequently requires exposure to outdoor weather conditions and other hazards such as electrical shock, toxic fumes, caustic chemicals, UV light, sharp objects, venomous animals, etc., which may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness. This job requires the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as directed by company policy.
Paragon Strategic Staffing
ConstructionView all jobs at Paragon Strategic Staffing