Aerospace Engineer Project Manager I
Paragon Space Development Corporation Houston, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
Reports to the Director of Programs. Manages and/or supports the management of one or more projects to ensure technical excellence is achieved on-time and within budget.
Description of Duties:
- Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of projects.
- Works on projects of limited complexity in leading or supporting role.
- Works on projects of increased complexity in a supporting role with work closely managed
- Ensures assigned contractual scope of work is executed to budget and schedule.
- Supports the day-to-day program management to accomplish objectives, meet customer requirements, and comply with Paragon corporate policies, processes, and procedures.
- Supports conflict resolution and provide tactical decisions that will positively affect the program/project.
- Regularly reports on progress, budget and schedule, and generate metric-based review products such as EVMS reports.
- Tracks and reviews performance metrics and formulate/execute mitigation plans if not on target.
- Implement disciplined Risk Management: identify and track risks; formulate, communicate, and execute risk mitigation plans.
- Collaborates closely with other program/project managers, engineering staff, principal investigators, manufacturing, and business operations personnel.
- Conducts regular program/project reviews, both internal and external.
- Serves as a proposal manager for new business pursuits
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Program/Project Management practices and principles.
- Knowledge of budgeting and accounting principles.
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
- Knowledge of engineering design & development and/or production.
- Software application skills in the Microsoft Office suite and Microsoft Project.
- Skill in writing focused reports, presentations, and succinct customer correspondence.
- Ability to plan, organize, track and prioritize assignments and tasks, and to execute to the plan.
- Ability to intellectually absorb program-related technologies and/or newly-developed capabilities and ability to contribute to the identification of their application in future program-related opportunities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, positive work relationships; have discriminating judgment, tact and a sense of humor.
- Ability to practice respectful dissention.
- Ability to be creative, flexible, quick in response, and resourceful.
- Knowledge and experience on aerospace systems and components related to project/program from requirements definition to build and test.
- Knowledge of engineering principles and procedures
- Knowledge of proposal process
Project Management and/or engineering experience in one of the following engineering product areas is desired but not required: Life Support Systems, Crew Systems, Crew Cabins, Military Systems, Aircraft Systems, or Thermal Control Systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Bio-mechanical, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent field and 2-5 years of applied engineering and/or project management experience OR
- Master's degree in Mechanical, Bio-mechanical, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent field and 1-2 years of applied engineering and/or project management experience
- US Citizen or US permanent resident.
Who We Are:
As Paragon celebrates 25 years of providing award-winning life support and thermal control solutions for extreme environments, we've recognized that it is our employees that keep our business thriving. By any measure, Paragon Space Development is an exciting and rewarding place to work. Our goal is to hire the best and allow you to do the work that you enjoy! We are interested in developing individuals who enjoy a challenge and like working on a variety of projects in a fast paced environment. We are committed to our employees and providing an inclusive work atmosphere that allows our talent to grow both personally and professionally.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Paragon Space Development Corporation
EngineeringView all jobs at Paragon Space Development Corporation