Aerospace Engineer III - Design
- Expired: August 24, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Evaluates, selects, and applies engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria, to a broad set of engineering problems in the specific Specialty Area.
Description of Duties:
- Perform all duties of an AE I and II.
- Identify and quantify design drivers
- Independently collect, organize, maintain, and reduce data
- Independently formulate and perform trade studies
- Independently develop engineering designs of components, assemblies, subassemblies, and subsystems
- Independently perform research and development related to assigned projects
- Independently develop and execute test plans and procedures
- Generate formal documentation such as technical memorandums, analysis reports, design and development books, or product manuals
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience with the design and development of spacecraft, spacesuits, aircraft, military, or other relevant vehicles, systems, subsystems, assemblies, and/or components.
- Knowledge and experience on the engineering product lifecycle, ranging from requirements development through design, manufacture, test, and operations.
- Knowledge and skills in applying engineering principles and procedures to develop practical and tailored engineering solutions.
- Knowledge of, and skills in, SOLIDWORKS CAD software, and Product Data Management tools such as Windchill, or SOLIDWORKS PDM
- Knowledge and skills in applying dynamic and static structural analysis using first principals and software packages such as ANSYS is desired but not required
- Skills in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
- Ability to conceptualize design solutions and generate CAD renderings given a limited requirements set in support of the company's proposal generation process
- Ability to effectively communicate in both written and spoken form
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, positive work relationships; have creativity, flexibility and resourcefulness; have discriminating judgment, tact and sense of humor
- Ability to evaluate Junior Engineer's designs and concepts and provide expert advice that will enhance the resulting designs
- Ability and proficiency in job-required software applications
- Ideally, but not required, ability to serve as project manager on projects with well-defined scope and objectives
- Ideally, but not required, skills in project budgeting and forecasting
- Ability to train junior engineers in their duties
Experience in one of the following discipline areas: Life Support System Design, Crew Systems Design, Crew Cabin Design, Mechanical Design, Mechanical Analysis, Thermal Control System Design, Thermal Analysis, or Human Factors
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Bio-mechanical, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent field and 5-8 years with system and/or hardware design and analysis experience
- Masters degree in Mechanical, Bio-mechanical, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent field and 4-6 years with system and/or hardware design and analysis experience
- PhD degree in Mechanical, Bio-mechanical, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent field and 0-2 years with system and /or hardware design experience in the aerospace industry.
- US Citizen or US permanent resident.
Who We Are:
As Paragon celebrates 25 years of providing award-winning life support and thermal control solutions for extreme environments, we've recognized that it is our employees that keep our business thriving. By any measure, Paragon Space Development is an exciting and rewarding place to work. Our goal is to hire the best and allow you to do the work that you enjoy! We are interested in developing individuals who enjoy a challenge and like working on a variety of projects in a fast paced environment. We are committed to our employees and providing an inclusive work atmosphere that allows our talent to grow both personally and professionally.
Paragon Space Development Corporation
ManufacturingView all jobs at Paragon Space Development Corporation