Aerospace Design Engineer - III
Paragon Space Development Corporation Denver, CO
- Posted: over a month ago
Who we are
As Paragon Space Development celebrates 28+ years of providing award-winning life support and thermal control solutions for extreme environments, we've recognized that it is our employees that keep our business thriving. By any measure, Paragon is an exciting and rewarding place to work. Our goal is to hire the best and allow you to do the work that you enjoy! We are interested in developing individuals who enjoy a challenge and like working on a variety of projects in a fast-paced environment.
Job Description: Aerospace Design Engineer - III
The successful candidate will report to the Design Department Manager and be responsible to develop engineering designs of components, assemblies, subassemblies and subsystems, develop and execute test plans and procedures, and generate formal documentation such as technical memorandums, analysis reports, design and development books, or product manuals.
The candidate must be capable of working beyond the typical 8-hour workday and 40-hour work week. This position requires direct support of the engineering department and spending nearly 100% of daily time in an office environment.
This function is responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Knowledge and experience with the design and development of spacecraft, spacesuits, aircraft, military, or other relevant vehicles, systems, subsystems, assemblies, and/or components.
- Knowledge and experience on the engineering product lifecycle, ranging from requirements development through design, manufacture, test, and operations.
- Knowledge and skills in applying engineering principles and procedures to develop practical and tailored engineering solutions.
- Knowledge of, and skills in, SOLIDWORKS CAD software, and Product Data Management tools such as Windchill, or SOLIDWORKS PDM
- Knowledge and skills in applying dynamic and static structural analysis using first principals and software packages such as ANSYS is desired but not required
- Skills in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
- Ability to conceptualize design solutions and generate CAD renderings given a limited requirements set in support of the company's proposal generation process
- Ability to effectively communicate in both written and spoken form
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, positive work relationships; have creativity, flexibility and resourcefulness; have discriminating judgment, tact and sense of humor
- Ability to evaluate Junior Engineer's designs and concepts and provide expert advice that will enhance the resulting designs
- Ability and proficiency in job-required software applications
- Ideally, but not required, ability to serve as project manager on projects with well-defined scope and objectives
- Ideally, but not required, skills in project budgeting and forecasting
- Ability to train junior engineers in their duties
U.S. Citizenship status is required for this position.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Bio-mechanical, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent field and 5-8 years with system and/or hardware design and analysis experience
- Master's degree in Mechanical, Bio-mechanical, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent field and 4-6 years with system and/or hardware design and analysis experience
- PhD degree in Mechanical, Bio-mechanical, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent field and 0-2 years with system and /or hardware design experience in the aerospace industry.
Experience in one of the following discipline areas:
- Life Support System Design
- Crew Systems Design
- Crew Cabin Design
- Mechanical Design,
- Mechanical Analysis
- Thermal Control System Design
- Thermal Analysis
- Human Factors
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a DoD security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Paragon Space Development Corporation
ManufacturingView all jobs at Paragon Space Development Corporation