Model Based Systems Engineer - MBSE Job
Company: Paragon Solutions, Inc.
Location: Eglin Air Force Base
Top Reasons why you want to work for Paragon Solutions at Eglin AFB:
· Excellent retirement plan
· Low cost of living with competitive compensation package
· Exciting work that supports the warfighter
· Career growth and advancement potential
· Extensive benefits
· Flexible work/life balance
· On the Emerald Coast
MBSE Engineer Responsibilities:
· Provides support to an advanced weapons system program office in the introduction and implementation of Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) concepts and tools
· Advising and evaluating the transition of acquisition processes and documents into an MBSE framework for future acquisition efforts
· Advising the government program on best practices in implementing these applications and for the transition from traditional acquisition to simulation-based acquisition
· System architecture & design
· Requirements management, capture & decomposition
· System Test procedures including Test Case Development & Formal testing practices
· System integration
· Engineering Project Planning & Management
What you will need as a Model Based Systems Engineer:
· BS/BA + 25 years of relevant experience OR MS/MA + 15 years of relevant experience
· Active Secret clearance (updated within the last 6 years)
· Must have a solid understanding of and experience with MBSE concepts and applications, using SysML tools to model detailed design and requirements for advanced weapons systems
· Must be able to function at the layers of SysML models including Software, Hardware, Firmware, and Electrical design and requirements MBSE abstractions
· Approximately 20% travel required. Must be able to rent/operate rental cars while on travel
· Effective communication skills both orally and in writing
· Must be a US Citizen
MBSE Preferred Qualifications:
• A Master’s degree in systems engineering from an ABET-accredited institution is preferred.
• Any formal education or certifications in MBSE is preferred
• The ideal candidate will be proficient with the following specific tools/applications:
- SysML and using SysML tools such as NoMagic Cameo, I-Logix/Telelogic/IBM Rhapsody, Sparx Enterprise Architect (EA), or Vitech CORE to model detailed design and requirements
- Dedicated requirements management tools such as Telelogic/Rational/IBM DOORS
- Change Request / Change Management (CR/CM) tracking tools such as IBM ClearQuest
Paragon is looking for a talented Senior Level MBSE to support the Advanced Programs Division, AFLCMC/EBS. Their mission is to develop, test, acquire, modernize, integrate and support affordable and sustainable advanced, high-impact special program armament technologies and capabilities to meet warfighter requirements – Air Force (AF), Joint Service (JS) and Special Operations Forces (SOF) - including highly-classified, high-payoff air-to-air and air-to-ground technologies, hard target defeat, asymmetric and directed energy weapons and targeting and battle damage assessment. Paragon Solutions supports more than a half dozen programs with engineering services to help the Armament Directorate with their mission.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Paragon Solution, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.