Mission Planning Software Engineer – Software Job
Company: Paragon Solutions, Inc.
Location: Eglin Air Force Base
Top Reasons why you want to work for Paragon Solutions at Eglin AFB:
· Excellent retirement plan
· Low cost of living with competitive compensation package
· Exciting work that supports the warfighter
· Career growth and advancement potential
· Extensive benefits
· Flexible work/life balance
· On the Emerald Coast
Senior, Mission Planning Software Engineer Responsibilities:
- Assisting in the AFNWC/NDB oversight of the LRSO Prime contractor’s work to develop the application to integrate cruise missile routes generated on USSTRATCOM’s Air-vehicle Planning System (APS) onto the Joint Mission Planning System (JMPS) for viewing by the operator and transfer of generated routes onto the bomber aircraft’s Data Transfer Device (DTD)
- Performs software technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, supportability and effectiveness analysis for the total system: APS to JMPS to DTD to the aircraft
- Performs Software Engineering related tasks in support of one or more of the following: armament embedded systems (MIL-STDs 1553, 1760, and UAI), systems security, systems interoperability and integration, aircraft and store integration, mission planning systems, modeling for Integrated Flight Simulation, and acquisition life-cycle and logistics product support
What you will need as a Mission Planning Software Engineer
- BS and 5+ years of relevant experience; OR MS and 3+ years of relevant experience
- Familiarity with the JMPS software suite
- Active DOD Secret Clearance and ability to gain Top Secret and/or other access eligibility for the program, if required
- Understanding, analysis, and application of languages such as C, C++, C#, JAVA, VB, .Net Development Environment, HTML, .XML, and .CRD/.RTE formats for mission planning in both the Windows and LINUX environments
- Familiarity with defense industry software development processes, e.g., Agile (SAFe) and Waterfall approaches to Software Development
- Must be able to comfortably and effectively communicate with senior military leadership both orally and in writing
- US Citizen
- BS and 15+ years of relevant experience; OR MS and 10+ years of relevant experience; OR Ph.D. and 5+ years of relevant experience
- Current Top Secret Clearance
- Experience in Force-Level Automated Mission Planning Systems (as opposed to Unit-Level Mission Planning Systems) is highly desired
- Experience in Service Oriented Architecture in the Web-services area preferred
- Familiarity with Cyber-security, Information Technology, and Information Assurance requirements to include the application of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) is highly desired
Paragon is looking for a talented Senior Mission Planning Software Engineer to support the Nuclear Weapons Acquisition Division, AFLCMC/NDB, which is part of the AF Nuclear Weapons Center and is collocated with the Armament Directorate at Eglin AFB. This Division has responsibility for developing, testing, and producing systems and components related to nuclear strategic weapon systems for our nation's warfighters. These products include the B61-12 Tailkit Assembly and the Long Range Standoff (LRSO) missile. Paragon Solutions supports more than a half dozen programs with engineering services to help the Armament Directorate with their mission.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Paragon Solution, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.