Preeminent Engineering Services Provider is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Chief Engineer for a Class A Office Buildings. This position requires an individual who is a dynamic leader, a self-starter, a team player, and has excellent people and communication skills.
The Chief Engineer position requires a minimum of 7+ years’ experience as a Chief Engineer in an Office Building environment. The candidate must have prior knowledge working with CMMS, HVAC, Chillers, Cooling Towers, Pumps, Pneumatic controls, High Voltage Switchgear, Generators, Controls, Auxiliary Heat, BMS/EMS, Lighting, and General Maintenance. Previous Supervisory Experience and knowledge of National and Local Codes, budgeting process, and excellent reporting skills are required. A professional demeanor is mandatory.
The Chief Engineer shall have charge of the site and building operation and assists in the management of the facility infrastructure and building systems in a safe, efficient, and cost-effective manner. This position is expected to supervise and direct others who perform engineering, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, repairs, and maintenance duties in support of the facility under the direction of the Facilities Manager. The Chief shall also be responsible for the implementation of the employer’s orientation, safety and training programs of the engineers under his / her direction, as time and resources permit. Engineers under the direction of the Chief shall receive their orders from the Chief, who shall be responsible to the employer for carrying out the orders of management in the operation of the site and building. Chief Building Engineer’s duties are to operate, monitor, and maintain the design criteria of the buildings operating systems and grounds. Chief Engineer shall be the acting liaison between property and its manager, and they shall provide the following for their assigned projects:
· Overall safe operation and maintenance of all mechanical, electrical, plumbing and life safety equipment.
· Maintain all life safety, HVAC and operating logs.
· Assist in preparation of the building operations budget and performance within its parameters.
· Prepare annual reporting on emerging technologies for cost or energy saving enhancements and provide in depth consultation services on an as needed basis on equipment or system failures or issues requiring in depth of industry knowledge.
· Prepare, maintain and regularly review logs for repair, service, operation and complaints related to the equipment.
· Provide building owner with copies of engineering daily logs and periodic management reports.
· Supply building owner with recommendations for improvements and increased efficiency in the operation of the equipment.
· Assist property management with scheduling and coordinating vendors and tenant improvement construction and other various projects as assigned by property management.
· Act as a liaison for tenant service requests.
· Schedule organize and direct work of maintenance staff
· Responsible for safety training and promoting education of engineering personnel onsite.
· Responsible for overall cleanliness and repair of all building areas and tools under his responsibility.
· Inventory control of all supplies and tools at property.